The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola will host the seventh round of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship from July 14-16, 2023. After a three-year break, the Italian circuit is now returning to the WorldSBK calendar. All three classes will compete at the Italian round.
Imola, which first appeared on the calendar in 2001, has always been an important venue for World Superbike, thrilling fans with memorable moments such as the season finale between Colin Edwards and Troy Bayliss in 2002 and Bayliss’ second title in 2006. After being cancelled in previous years, Imola 2023 will now offer another exciting event with Ducati rider Alvaro Bautista fighting to defend his title.
Imola: a major venue for World Superbike
Imola had become an important venue for WorldSBK in recent years. Jonathan Rea won four of the five races at the Italian circuit between 2018 and 2019, including the double victory in 2018, and was only beaten in 2019 by Alvaro Bautista, who took victory in the Superpole Race for Ducati.
Gregorio Lavilla, the Executive Director of WorldSBK, expressed his delight at the return of the World Championship to Imola. He underlined that the second round in Italy confirms the popularity of the championship among Italian fans and that there are many Italian riders and teams in the paddock. Pietro Benvenuti, General Director of the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, was also pleased and hopes that more memories will be created.
July: strategic month for the region
The choice of July is also strategic for the region, as it opens up business opportunities at a time when local accommodation is not at full capacity. This underscores the importance of the circuit as a driver of the local economy.
The return of WorldSBK to Imola will certainly be another exciting event, with Alvaro Bautista trying to defend his title. Imola has proven in the past that it is a suitable venue for World Superbike and the decision to hold the event in July will be beneficial for the region. Italian fans can look forward to an unforgettable race weekend.
- Detaillierter Modellbausatz im Maßstab 1:6
- Der qualitativ hochwertige Bausatz von TAMIYA muss in Eigenregie montiert werden.
- Der selbstständige Aufbau wird mithilfe einer Schritt für Schritt bzw. bebilderten Aufbauanleitung begleitet. Die Aufbauanleitung ist selbstverständlich im Lieferumfang enthalten.
- Auf Basis der Aufbauanleitung müssen die passgenauen Einzelteile zusammengefügt werden. Eine Lackierung der Teile kann nach eigenen Vorstellungen vorgenommen werden.
- Werkzeug, Klebstoff und Farben sind im Lieferumfang des Plastikbausatzes nicht enthalten. Diese müssen optional erworben werden.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2024-02-23 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API