With the V4 Granturismo, Ducati presented the engine of the upcoming Multistrada V4. The presentation of the new Multistrada will follow on November 04, 2020.
Record maintenance intervals and maximum smoothness with high torque values were the focus of the development. It was designed for adventure use, but is also intended to offer sportiness and thrills.
By using a spring valve return system the maintenance intervals of the 1.158cc engine could be extended to 60.000 km. Experience gained from the development of materials, processing and technical solutions of the desmodromic system were applied to the spring valve return system.
The engine produces 125 kW or 170 HP at 10,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 125 Nm at 8,750 rpm. The V4 naturally also complies with the Euro5 homologation standards.
More compact and lighter
The weight is 66.7 kg, which is 1.2 kg lighter than the engine of the previous Multistrada 1260. It is also 85mm shorter, 95mm lower but 20mm wider. The compact layout has allowed the engineers to position the engine more effectively and more centrally in the frame, giving the bike a better center of gravity.
Based on racing experience, they decided to use a counter-rotating crankshaft to improve the handling and agility of the bike.
Switching off the cylinder bank for less heat
During idle, the rear cylinder bank is deactivated. This improves fuel consumption when the motorcycle is stationary, but also reduces the amount of heat generated, thus improving thermal comfort for the rider and passenger.
V4 Granturismo main technical data
- 1158 cc 4-cylinder 90° V engine
- Bore x stroke 83 x 53,5 mm
- Compression ratio 14:1
- Maximum power 125 kW (170 hp) at 10,500 rpm
- Maximum torque 125 Nm (12,7 Kgm) at 8,750 rpm
- Euro 5 homologation
- Distribution part chain, part gear – timing with dual overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder
- Counter-rotating crankshaft with crank pins offset at 70°
- Wet multiplate anti-patter servo clutch
- Semi-dry sump lubrication with three oil pumps: 1 delivery and 2 return
- Fuelling with four oval throttle bodies (46 mm diameter equivalent)
- 6-speed gearbox with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) Up & Down System
- 60,000 km maintenance valves check interval
- Deactivating rear bank
- APS Air Protect System
- Schulter und Ellenbogen Soft Protektoren 4t von SAS-TEC, zertifiziert nach EN 1621-1
- SAS-TEC Rückenprotektor zertifiziert nach EN 1621-2, kominierbar mit seperatem Rückenprotektor
- Wind und Wasserdichte herausnehmbare GORE-TEX Liner mit 3-Lagen Technologie
- Cordura 500 D DU PONT
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-10-18 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API