At the EICMA Suzuki could surprise with the brand new model GSX-8S. It is a naked urban bike, in which a completely newly developed engine concept provides propulsion.
The new Suzuki GSX-8S is intended to inspire, whether in the city or on the country road. To achieve this, Suzuki packed (according to their description) a powerfully accelerating parallel-twin into a handling-oriented chassis with high-quality suspension elements and paired that with iconic styling.
Completely redesigned engine
The new 776cc parallel-twin is said to combine the best of both worlds, the compact design of an inline engine with a 270-degree firing order, including powerful sound normally associated with V-engines.
83 PS (61 kW) are available at 8,500 rpm, the maximum torque of 78 Nm is reached at 6,800 rpm. Average consumption is given as 4.2 liters. The fuel tank holds 14 liters.
The engine is equipped with the patented Cross-Balancers. These are two balancer shafts in a 90-degree arrangement, which is intended to improve running quality.
Suzuki GSX-8S Chassis
The engine was transplanted into a light and slim chassis, which was designed with a focus on maximum agility. At the front, an upside-down fork from KYB, which does not have an adjustment feature, dampens. At the rear, a mono-shock works, articulated via a lever, with adjustable preload.
The cast wheels have a filigree spoke design, which should underline the sporty character of the GSX-8S. The tire dimensions are 120/70 ZR17 at the front and 180/55 ZR17 at the rear. Braking is at the front with a dual disc system and four-piston calipers.
The weight is 202 kg, the seat height is 810 mm and the wheelbase is 1,465 mm.
Equipment of the Suzuki GSX-8S
Three driving modes are available. In addition to a slipper clutch, a quickshifter for clutchless upshifting and downshifting is also standard. This can be controlled via the 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel.
Starting is assisted by the Easy-Start system, which allows the engine to be started at the touch of a button without using the clutch. When driving slowly in StopAndGo traffic or during a U-turn, the Low RPM Assist system provides support. LED technology is used for the lighting.
Price, Availability and colors of the Suzuki GSX-8S
The Suzuki GSX-8S will be in dealerships from early summer 2023. A 35 kW version for the European A2 driving license class will also be offered. In terms of price, it is available in Germany from 8,900 euros.
The colors to choose from are:
- Pearl Cosmic Blue
- Pearl Tech White
- Metallic Mat Black No.2 / Glass Sparkle Black
The data of the Suzuki GSX-8S
- Overall length 2,115 mm (83.3 in.)
- Overall width 775 mm (30.5 in.)
- Overall height 1,105 mm (43.5 in.)
- Wheelbase 1,465 mm (57.7 in.)
- Ground clearance 145 mm (5.7 in.)
- Seat height 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Curb mass 202 kg (445 lbs.)
- Engine type 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x stroke 84.0 mm x 70.0 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)
- Engine displacement 776 cm3 (47.4 cu. in.)
- Compression ratio 12.8 : 1
- Fuel system Fuel injection
- Starter system Electric
- Lubrication system Forced feed circulation, Wet sump
- Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
- Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rake / trail 25° / 104 mm (4.1 in.)
- Brake Front Disc, twin
- Rear Disc
- Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Rear 180/55ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- Ignition system Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Fuel tank capacity 14 L (3.7/3.1 US/lmp gal)
- Oil capacity (overhaul) 3.9 L (1.0/4.1 US/Imp qt)
- Fuel consumption 23.8 km/L (4.2 L/100km) in WMTC
- CO2 emissions 99 g/km
Article from 11/09/2022 – Update from 12/12/2022
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Guy Martin, Jared Leto (Actors)
- Richard De Aragues (Director)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-21 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API