The development of the Rod 1 electric motorcycle developed in Germany is progressing despite the Corona crisis.
In the past few weeks, some decisions regarding the further development have been made and some contracts have been signed. For example, a reliable partner for the required ABS system could be found.
There were improvements to the chassis. The interaction model for the software on the bike stands and will now trimmed for performance and design.
Powertrains will be sent out shortly
The battery technology comes from Argentina. The first powertrains are currently being assembled there and then sent to the German machine manufacturer db-matik AG in Roding (Bavaria). There were also improvements to the powertrains.
Rod Motorcycles is confident that the goals set can be met despite the current situation. So far, the collaboration between the Voltu and db-matik brands (resulting in Rod Motorcycles) has not suffered from the Corona crisis.
Co-determination of the choice of tires
The choice of tires with which the motorcycles are to be delivered is currently pending. METZELER Sportec M9 RR, PIRELLI Diablo Rosso 3, MICHELIN Pilot Power 3 and CONTINENTAL Road Attack 3 are currently available.
Who wants can vote on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rod1Motorcycles/app/164167473601477
Key data of Rod Motorcycles Rod 1:
- 150 PS, 250 Nm
- Argentine battery technology, water-cooled, 20 kWh
- Range 400 km in moderate city traffic
- Range of 250 km on country roads
- quick charging system (50% in 15 min, 85% in 30 min)
- The battery can be used as a stationary energy store
- Theoretical acceleration from 0-100 km / h in 2 seconds (grip does not make this possible)
- Top speed over 250 km / h
- Release late 2020
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-09-19 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API