Dutch engineer and artist Gijis Schalkx has converted a Honda GX160 engine to run on naturally derived methane. It’s an attempt to keep the internal combustion engine alive in a fossil-free future.
The idea for using methane came to Gijis when he read about a fisherman who collected swamp methane and used it at sea to fry his meals.
He drilled a hole in the airbox to allow the engine to suck in the methane. The engine still starts with conventional gasoline, but once it is running, it can be powered entirely by methane gas. Even if this sounds relatively simple, it is not advisable to build it yourself, as there is certainly a certain risk of explosion.
For collecting natural methane, Gijis has designed a special device, he calls it the Plompstation. From there, it must then be pumped into a container on the motorized two-wheeler. The methane in the balloon can then power the engine.
Quote: „Why depend on big corporations and their promises to save the world when you can do it yourself?
The Slootmotor is the one vehicle that truly delivers an alternative. Not relying on high technology, incomprehensible devices and resources from all over the world; it is powered by local, sustainable and environmentally cooling sources. The fuel is harvested with minimal tools and DIY-solutions, straight from your neighbourhood pond or roadside ditch. Transporting yourself has never been this fulfilling and fun before..“
- Die T-Shirts fallen körperbetonter aus - Wer es lockerer mag, bitte eine Größe größer bestellen
- Langlebiges und qualitativ hochwertiges Herren TShirt mit hoher Grammatur - Kein dünner Stoff
- Originelles und einzigartiges Motiv Design - beständiger und haltbarer Aufdruck, auch nach vielen Wäschen noch
- Pflegehinweis: Waschbar bei 30° in der Maschine, linksherum waschen und bügeln
- vegane, nachhaltig produzierte Bio Baumwolle, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Label
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-20 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API