The R nineT, R nineT Pure, R nineT Scrambler and R nineT Urban G/S for 2021 will get some technical changes and an extended standard and optional equipment for 2021.
The boxer engine had to be revised because of the Euro5 regulations. During this occasion it also got a visual fine tuning. In terms of power, one will have to do without one hp in the future. The engine delivers 80 kW or 109 hp at 7,250 rpm and a torque of 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm.
The cylinder heads have been redesigned and now ensure a harmonious transition from the outer to the inner cooling fins. Throttle valve parts and the cylinder head covers have also been redesigned.
Inside the cylinder heads a new turbulence system is used, which is intended to generate more power through the swirl of the mixture. This is one of the reasons why the power and torque curve is said to have become fuller, especially in the range between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm, resulting in better pulling power.
ABS Pro is now standard and, in conjunction with Dynamic Brake Control, offers greater safety, even when braking at an angle. The new shock absorber with path-dependent damping is designed to offer greater suspension comfort. The spring preload can be adjusted via a handwheel.
Ride-by-Wire with the Rain and Road driving modes is now part of the standard equipment.
The round instrument has been equipped with a new dial showing the BMW logo. The indicator lights have been integrated in such a way that they are only visible when illuminated. Otherwise they are invisible, which ensures a clean look.
Headlights and turn signals use LED technology which also saves some weight. Also new is the USB charging socket.
The 2021 model series comes in new series and special colors. With the limited “Edition 40 Years GS” of the R nineT Urban G/S the 40th birthday of the GS family is celebrated
For an additional charge BMW offers some more equipment for the R nineT models. With driving modes Pro you get access to the mode “Dirt” on the Scrambler or Urban G/S and to the mode “Dyna” on the R nineT and R nineT Pure. In addition, dynamic traction control and engine drag torque control are part of the package.
The Comfort package includes the driving modes Pro, speed control and heated handlebar grips. Bend lighting or the design option rear silencer are also offered as options.
Individual ex works
BMW also offers a wide range of accessories with which you can tailor your motorcycle to your own wishes. BMW calls this “Option 719”. The parts selected by the customer are then already installed ex works.
Available here are for example different wheels, milled part packages, a short rear end, a different license plate holder and more.
The highlights of the new BMW R nineT models:
- Iconic air/oil-cooled boxer engine with new cylinder heads for even more torque in the mid-range as well as for compliance with the EU-5 emissions class.
- 80 kW (109 PS) 7250 min-1 (previously 81 kW (110 PS) at 7750 min-1) and 116 Nm at 6000 min-1.
- Cylinder head, cylinder head cover and throttle valve parts each with new design.
- ABS Pro incl. DBC (Dynamic Brake Control) for more safety when braking in inclined position as standard.
- New shock absorber with travel-dependent damping (WAD) for even more balanced and comfortable handling as standard.
- Handwheel for adjusting the spring preload on the shock absorber as standard.
- Rain” and “Road” driving modes as standard.
- Classically designed round instrument with new dial.
- White LED indicators as standard.
- LED headlights including daytime running light/position light as standard.
- USB charging socket as standard.
- Refined overall design with a wider range of exclusive colors.
- New special equipment ex works and new optional accessories.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-04-10 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API