With the World Raid, Yamaha tightens the adventurous characteristics of the Tenere once again. It is the best-equipped Tenere, which aims to impress with a state-of-the-art chassis, optimal ergonomics and a design inspired by rallying.
At EICMA 2021, the concept bike Raid was presented to the public for the first time. Now Yamaha has unveiled the production version.
According to Yamaha, the Tenere 700 World Raid is Yamaha’s most extreme long-distance adventure motorcycle. In order not to suffer from lack of fuel on adventurous rides in remote areas, new tanks have been mounted on the side. They hold a total of 23 liters of fuel. This makes ranges of up to 500 km possible.
“The fuel tank” has grown in width for this purpose and not in height, which accommodates the motorcycle’s center of gravity. Despite the enlarged tank, it is at the same height as on the 16-liter Tenere. This is also conducive to agile handling.
The highest point of the side tanks is even lower than the tank of the Tenere 700, reducing the height difference between it and the seat, which allows better freedom of movement.
The seat height of the Tenere World Raid is 890 mm. The new seat has a much flatter profile, which makes it easier for the rider to shift weight while riding. The advantage is said to be effective when seated as well as when standing. It is made of two differently rough materials.
The rear part of the seat can be removed to mount a luggage rack, for example.
The 5-inch TFT color display can be connected to the cell phone via the Communication Control Unit (CCU). This allows text messages or incoming calls to be shown on the display.
One can choose between three different displays: Explorer, Street and Raid. This has an effect on the parameters displayed. Raid is reminiscent of a typical roadbook from rallying.
There is also a USB port to supply mobile devices with power.
The ABS can be set in three modes. This is possible via the menu in the cockpit or also via a switch on the right-hand side of the handlebar.
Mode 1 activates the ABS completely. Modes 2 and 3 are intended for driving on unpaved roads. Mode 2 deactivates the ABS on the rear wheel, which is recommended for gravel roads. Mode 3 completely deactivates the ABS.
If mode 2 or 3 is set, this is indicated in the cockpit. It is also possible to return to mode 1 while riding at the touch of a button.
The World Raid is equipped with a newly developed 43 mm KYB telescopic fork. It offers 230 mm of travel, which is 20 mm more than the standard Tenere. It is adjustable in rebound and compression damping, as well as spring preload.
The outer tube has been given a Kashima coating, which can be recognized by the dark bronze color.
Standard is the Öhlins steering damper, which was mounted near the upper triple clamp. This gives the rider easy access to the 18-stage adjustment.
The rear suspension has also been revised. The baffle was changed and a shock absorber with a longer stroke and compensating reservoir was installed. The spring rate, the transmission ratio of the linkage and the damping characteristics of the rear suspension have been optimized. The shock absorber also offers 20 mm more travel. It is adjustable in spring preload, as well as in compression and rebound damping.
The new air box is designed for extreme off-road conditions. The airbox has a forward-facing air intake duct, which should prevent dust and dirt kicked up by the rear wheel from entering.
The higher fairing slide and side wind deflectors (removable) provide improved wind protection.
The footpegs have been enlarged to provide more support. The larger surface area is also designed to reduce mud and sand buildup. To further improve grip in wet conditions, the rubber inserts are removable.
Nothing has been changed on the engine itself, it has just been given a new three-piece aluminum guard. The ground clearance is 250 mm.
A new radiator grille has also been installed, which features vertical louvers.
Colors price and availability
The Yamaha Tenere 700 World Raid will be offered in Icon Blue or Midnight Black. They will be at dealers from the end of May 2022 at a price of €12,874 including ancillary costs.
Key features of the Ténéré 700 World Raid
- Two side-mounted fuel tanks with a total capacity of 23 liters
- Ready-to-ride weight of 220 kg
- Flat contoured, two-piece rally-style seat
- 5-inch TFT color display with mobile connectivity
- USB type A port
- ABS with three selectable modes
- High quality 43 mm KYB upside-down fork, 230 mm travel
- Adjustable Öhlins steering damper
- Aluminum shock with reservoir, 220 mm travel
- High fairing windshield, easily removable side wind deflectors and LED turn signals
- Completely new cockpit and front fairing
- New, larger rider footpegs with easily removable rubber inserts
- Three-piece aluminum engine guard
- New die-cast aluminum engine mount
- New radiator grille
Ténéré 700 World Raid / Ténéré 700 / Ténéré Rally Edition – Common Features
- Quad LED headlight and LED taillight
- Front wheel cover adjustable in position by 5 mm
- Two 282 mm wave front brake discs, Brembo calipers, ABS
- 245 mm wave brake disc at the rear, Brembo calipers, ABS
- Central tube/double loop frame made of high tensile steel
- Gravity cast aluminum swingarm
- Lightweight 36 spoke aluminum wheels
- Conified aluminum handlebars
- Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires, 90/90-21 front, 150/70-18 rear
- High-torque, EU5-compliant CP2 engine
- Air cleaner box with front-facing air intake duct
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Valentino Rossi, Ben Spies (Actors)
- Mark Neale (Director)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-03-22 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API