The Yamaha Ténéré has established itself as a mid-range adventure bike since its introduction in 2019, becoming a best-seller in Europe with more than 40,000 units sold. It is known for its 690cc CP2 engine and versatile chassis with premium suspension elements. Now Yamaha is adding two new models to the successful Ténéré range: the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition.
Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition: A real off-roader
The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition is designed for demanding riders looking for maximum riding pleasure even in adverse conditions. To ensure predictable behavior and smooth handling at all times, the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition has been equipped with fully adjustable KYB suspension elements of the highest quality, offering 20 mm more travel front and rear. The fork has been treated with a resistant Kashima coating. The preload and compression/rebound damping can be individually adjusted to suit riding style and terrain. Standard features on the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition include titanium footpegs, aluminum radiator guard, chain guide, high enduro front cover and rally seat.
Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition: Exclusive new features.
- Fully adjustable 43 mm Kashima-coated KYB fork with 230 mm of travel (20 mm more than the Ténéré 700)
- Fully adjustable KYB shock absorber with reservoir at rear, with 220 mm travel (20 mm more than on the Ténéré 700)
- 260 mm ground clearance (20 mm more than on the Ténéré 700)
- 5-inch (12.7 cm) TFT display with connectivity, three layouts and optional Rally Raid roadbook-style screen display
- Lightweight and grippy titanium footpegs with 35% larger surface area (compared to Ténéré 700)
- Flat one-piece seat with 20 mm of additional padding for a seat height of 910 mm
- Color-matched high front wheel cover
- Radiator aluminum guard and chain guide
Ténéré 700 Explore Edition: More comfort and touring experience
The new Ténéré 700 Explore Edition is designed for those who want to experience the world beyond the horizon. With a lower seat height of 860 mm (15 mm less than the Ténéré 700) and improvements in comfort, the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition offers a better touring experience. Revised KYB front and rear suspension elements feature 20 mm less travel compared to the Ténéré 700 to reduce seat height. At the same time, the slightly increased spring rates front and rear ensure secure handling even when fully loaded. The windshield on the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition is taller and wider than that of the standard version, covering a 50% larger area to increase riding comfort.
Ténéré 700 Explore Edition: Exclusive new features.
- 43 mm KYB partial fork in new design with 190 mm travel (20 mm less than on the Ténéré 700)
- Handwheel adjustable rear shock with 180 mm travel (20 mm less than Ténéré 700)
- Seat height of only 860 mm for easier ground contact and better control (15 mm less than the Ténéré 700)
- 50% larger windshield for better wind protection
- Side pannier mounts as standard equipment
- Yamaha original accessories: aluminum panniers or soft bags (extra charge)
- Quick Shift system for uninterrupted upshifts
Yamaha Ténéré 700: Extreme and Explore Edition with innovative features
Both models of the Ténéré 700 series offer some new features. The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition features a fully adjustable 43 mm KYB Kashima-coated partial fork with 230 mm of travel, a fully adjustable KYB shock absorber with reservoir at the rear with 220 mm of travel, 260 mm of ground clearance, a low-profile rally seat and titanium footpegs with 35% more surface area compared to the Ténéré 700. In addition, the bike features a 5-inch TFT display with connectivity, three layouts and optional Rally Raid roadbook-style screen display, as well as a color-matched high front wheel cover and radiator aluminum guard grille.
The Ténéré 700 Explore Edition, meanwhile, comes with a 43mm KYB partial fork in a new design with 190mm of travel, a handwheel-adjustable rear shock with 180mm of travel, a seat height of just 860mm for easier ground contact and better control, and a 50% larger windshield for better wind protection. Side pannier mounts are standard, and aluminum panniers or soft bags are available as Yamaha Genuine Accessories. The new Quick Shift system allows for upshifting without interruption.
Price and availability
The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition are available exclusively in Germany, France and Italy. Both models are expected to be available in April 2023.
- Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition: €12,274 (€11,899 vehicle price + €375 ancillary costs)
- Ténéré 700 Explore Edition: 12.174,- € (11.799,- € vehicle price + 375,- € additional costs)
The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition are available in the colors Icon Blue and Tech Kamo.
Yamaha has introduced two new models in the successful Ténéré range, aimed at different groups of riders.
The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition model is aimed at off-road enthusiasts and offers maximum performance in demanding conditions with fully adjustable KYB suspension elements and a host of additional features.
The Ténéré 700 Explore Edition is designed for those who want to ride long tours with comfort in mind.
The two models will be available in Germany, France and Italy from April 2023.
- 72 MEGAPIXEL 360°-FOTOS & größerer 1/2" Sensor: Mehr Megapixel hat keine 360°-Action-Cam. Der brandneue 1/2"-Sensor der X3 fängt die Action in lebendigen 5,7K 360° ein. Nimm 360°-Fotos mit 72...
- 360°-Aufnahme & Reframing: Erst aufnehmen, dann ausrichten bei 5,7K Active HDR Videos, 72MP Fotos und 8K Zeitraffer. Wähle deine bevorzugte Perspektive mithilfe simpler Reframing-Tools in der...
- 4K-Einzelobjektiv-Modus: Entscheide dich für ein Objektiv, um Weitwinkelaufnahmen wie mit einer Einzelobjektiv-Action-Cam zu filmen. Du hast die Wahl zwischen maximaler Auflösung mit 4K 30 fps oder...
- FlowState-Stabilisierung und 360°-Horizontsperre: FlowState-Stabilisierung und Horizontausgleichsalgorithmen garantieren unglaublich flüssige Videos.
- Unmögliche Third-Person-Perspektiven: Ruiniere das Bild nicht mit einem hässlichen Selfie-Stick! Das 360°-Objektiv lässt den Unsichtbaren Selfie-Stick vollständig verschwinden - für unglaubliche...
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-28 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API