There were some surprises and disappointments in the first main race of the Superbike World Championship in Mandalika (Indonesia). The Spanish Ducati factory rider Alvaro Bautista was able to win the race in his favor, taking the first victory for Ducati at this circuit. The reigning world champion thus further extended his lead in the championship. Also on the podium were Yamaha factory riders Toprak Razgatlioglu and Andrea Locatelli.
Ducati takes first win at Mandalika
Alvaro Bautista rode a commanding race to take victory for Ducati. The result is particularly pleasing for the team as it is their first victory at this track. Bautista thus continued his winning streak and extended his lead in the championship. The Spaniard was in control of the race from the start and maintained his lead to the finish. Also on the podium were the two Yamaha factory riders Toprak Razgatlioglu and Andrea Locatelli.
BMW celebrates first Top 6 result of the season
BMW celebrated its first Top 6 result of the current season through Michael van der Mark. The Dutchman fought his way up to sixth position in the closing stages of the race, giving BMW a success. The result is particularly pleasing for the team, as it represents its best result so far this season.
Kawasaki suffers defeat
Kawasaki suffered a heavy defeat at the first race in Mandalika. Neither record champion Jonathan Rea nor his teammate Alex Lowes were able to finish in the top 5. Rea even had to start the first race from 8th place and had difficulties keeping up with the leading group. The result is particularly disappointing for the Kawasaki team, as it was still one of the most successful manufacturers last season.
Race marked by crashes and retirements
The race was marked by several crashes and retirements. Already in the first lap, Italian Michael Rinaldi crashed after a contact with Ducati brand colleague Axel Bassani and retired. Tom Sykes (Puccetti Kawasaki) and Scott Redding (factory BMW) had to end the race early. Sykes had already come away empty-handed at the season opener in Australia and had not seen the checkered flag in any race since his WSBK comeback. Redding beat wildly on the tank of his machine in the pits and was visibly pissed off.
The first main race of the Superbike World Championship at Mandalika was an exciting race with some surprises and disappointments. Alvaro Bautista took the first win for Ducati at Mandalika and extended his lead in the championship. BMW scored its first top-six result of the season through Michael van der Mark and thus scored a success. Kawasaki, on the other hand, suffered a heavy defeat and remained without a top-5 finish. The race was marked by several crashes and retirements, which meant the premature end of the race for some riders.
The result shows that Ducati is still a serious competitor for the other teams this season. BMW was able to record a first sense of achievement through Michael van der Mark and hopes to achieve further good results in the coming races.
Result of the first race in Indonesia:
- 1 BAUTISTA – Aruba.it Racing – Ducati – 31:26.714
- 2 T. RAZGATLIOGLU – Pata Yamaha with BRIXX WorldSBK – +4.809s
- 3 LOCATELLI – Pata Yamaha with BRIXX WorldSBK – +6.586s
- 4 BASSANI – Motocorsa Racing – +8.871s
- 5 D. PETRUCCI – BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team – +11.667s
- 6 M. VAN DER MARK – BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team – +12.685s
- 7 X. VIERGE – Team HRC – +13.610s
- 8 D. AEGERTER – GRT Yamaha WorldSBK Team – +13.961s
- 9 J. REA – Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK – +14.454s
- 10 LOWES – Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK – +14.590s
- 11 L. BAZ – Bonovo MGM Racing – +16.431s
- 12 LECUONA – Team HRC – +16.793s
- 13 P. OETTL – Kawasaki Puccetti Racing – +26.167s
- 14 G. GERLOFF – Bonovo MGM Racing – +30.580s
- 15 L. BALDASSARRI – GEMAR – Ciociaria Corse WorldSBK – +35.520s
- 16 H. SYAHRIN – Orelac Racing VerdNatura – +1:02.195s
- 17 O. KONIG – MIE Racing HONDA Team – +1:09.875s
- 18 T. SYKES – Outdo Kawasaki TPR – +4 Laps
- S. REDDING – BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team – 12 Laps
- M. RINALDI – Aruba.it Racing – Ducati – 21 Laps
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- John McGuinness, Ian Hutchinson, Steve Plater (Actors)
- Duke Marketing (Director) - North One Television (Producer)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 6 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2024-03-02 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API