With the Tiger Sport 660, TRIUMPH unveiled its new mid-range adventure sports bike. This marks the entry of the 660cc three-cylinder into this segment. TRIUMPH also wants to set a new standard in this category.
Versatile and comfortable
Whether it goes on an extensive weekend tour, a longer trip or a quick trip to the city, the Tiger Sport 660 should convince with maximum versatility, high comfort and riding fun. It also wants to score points with a particularly comprehensive and unrestricted touring equipment and particularly low operating costs in a class comparison.
The slim fairing windshield can also be adjusted in height by one-hand operation while riding to adapt weather and wind protection. Those who want to mount accessory cases (optional – 28 and 29 liters) for a longer ride can use the integrated luggage holders for this purpose. The holders have been incorporated very discreetly so that they do not disrupt the clean look if you do travel without a case. It is also possible to mount a 47-liter top case. Triumph offers the case and topcase in matching colors to the motorcycle.
Engine and performance data
With the 660cc engine TRIUMPH introduces the three-cylinder in this class and offers besides the highest peak power. The maximum power is stated as 81 PS at 10,250 rpm and 64 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
The 6-speed gearbox has been given a gear ratio that is said to be optimized for driving pleasure and everyday usability. Fuel consumption is stated at 4.5 liters per 100 km. Stationary noise is 92 dB(A).
The engine can also be throttled down to 48 PS in compliance with A2 standards; TRIUMPH offers a corresponding throttle kit.
TRIUMPH describes the Tiger Sport 660 as perfectly balanced, which should result in agile and dynamic handling. Steering is via a tapered aluminum handlebar.
The dual seat has a narrow crotch arch for more freedom of movement and offers a seat height of 835 mm. Ergonomically optimized pillion grips are standard equipment. For more space, the rear frame has been lengthened (compared to the Trident), this also has a positive effect on stability when mounting cases or a topcase.
Damping is provided at the front with a 41 mm Showa upside-down cartridge fork, which offers 150 mm of travel. At the rear, a hydraulically preload-adjustable Showa Monoshock shock works with a dual-rate spring that is said to perform well in solo as well as pillion mode.
The 17-inch 5-spoke wheels are covered with Michelin Road 5 tires from the factory. Nissin was used for the brakes. The 2-piston brake calipers can bite into two 310 mm brake discs at the front. The brake lever is adjustable. The fuel tank holds 17 liters.
The Tiger Sport 660 can boast with a comprehensive equipment. Ride by wire and various riding modes are now almost standard, although not actually in this segment. Road and Rain modes are available. The setting affects the power delivery, but not the maximum power – this remains identical.
Settings are made via the multifunction instrument with TFT display. The smartphone can also be paired via the “My TRIUMPH” app, but this requires the optional connectivity system.
The traction control can be deactivated, the clutch lever can also be adjusted and the anti-hopping clutch is torque-assisted.
Lighting relies on LEDs all around. The turn signals have an auto-shutoff function.
Optional original accessories
TRIUMPH offers over 40 original accessories for the Tiger Sport 660. Among them are upgrades for the assists. In addition to the “My TRIUMPH” connectivity system, there is also a quickshifter with blipper function, heated grips, a USB charging socket under the seat, special turn signals, alarm system, GPS tracker or a tire pressure monitoring system.
Of course, various protectors or optical upgrades are also part of the program.
Colors and availability
The colors on offer are Lucerne Blue and Sapphire Black, Korosi Red and Graphite or Graphite and Black. It will be available at dealers from February 2022.
In addition to an extremely competitive price, the Tiger Sport 660 is also said to have the lowest operating costs in the category. Service is due every 16,000 km or every 12 months. The time spent on maintenance is said to be particularly low in the workshops, which should also be good for the budget. In addition, there is a four-year warranty with no mileage limit for the first two years and a mobility guarantee.
The features of the new Tiger Sport 660 at a glance
- Three-cylinder power makes the difference
- the most powerful motorcycle in its class: 81 hp peak power at 10,250 rpm and 64 Nm peak torque at 6,250 rpm
- the first three-cylinder engine in this category offers the perfect combination of powerful low-end torque, strong mid-range power delivery and the highest peak power in this segment
- Accessible yet sporty engine characteristics with TRIUMPH’s signature smooth and linear power delivery
- compact exhaust with header under the engine – it delivers the unmistakable TRIUMPH Triple soundtrack
- optional accessory: conversion kit for A2 license holders
The new benchmark for handling in this category
- typical TRIUMPH: a confidence-inspiring, agile and sporty riding experience
- comfortable ergonomics for rider and passenger with integrated grab handles for the passenger
- comfortable seating position with narrow crotch arch and low seat height of 835 mm
- high-quality chassis with Showa 41 mm upside-down cartridge fork and Showa monoshock at the rear – including hydraulic adjustment of spring preload
- powerful Nissin brakes with two 310 mm front discs and versatile Michelin Road 5 tires
Practical and stylish: the original accessory case set for the Tiger Sport 660
- Well equipped for touring of any length
- 17-liter fuel tank for excellent range
- inconspicuously integrated brackets as standard for easy mounting of luggage cases
- Height-adjustable windshield with convenient one-hand operation
Top technology for maximum safety and control
- High-quality multifunction instrument cluster with TFT display, ready for “My TRIUMPH” connectivity system
- two riding modes to choose from: Road and Rain
- Full LED lighting with distinctive twin headlights and self-resetting indicators
- Premium standard features include disengageable traction control, ABS and ride-by-wire engine control
- torque-assisted anti-hopping clutch and immobilizer system
Dynamic character and unmistakable style
- powerful “Tiger” appearance with all-new bodywork and compact, under-engine mounted muffler
- Three modern paint schemes with new sporty graphics
- typical TRIUMPH: high quality equipment and best workmanship with exceptional attention to detail
- competitive price and the lowest running costs in this category
- the lowest maintenance costs in this category
- long service intervals of 16,000 kilometers or 12 months – whichever comes first
- four-year manufacturer’s warranty with no mileage limit
- two-year mobility warranty
- Prices: in Germany from 8,700 euros (plus incidental costs), in Austria from 9,895 euros (including incidental costs and NOVA)
- available at TRIUMPH dealers from February 2022 onwards
Individuality made easy: with original TRIUMPH accessories
- more than 40 accessories are available that have been specially developed for the Tiger Sport 660
- Accessories include a comprehensive range of luggage – including a top case with space for two helmets – and other parts for more protection, functionality, style and safety
- all accessories are developed together with the motorcycle and tested to the same quality standards
- all original accessories also come with a four-year unlimited mileage warranty (when purchased together with a new machine in Germany or Austria)
The technical specifications of the new Tiger Sport 660:
ENGINE AND DRIVE
- Type In-line three-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 12 valves, 240° ignition distance
- Displacement 660 cm³
- Bore 74.04 mm
- Stroke 51.1 mm
- Compression ratio 11.95:1
- Power 81 hp (59.6 kW) at 10,250 rpm (A2 variant: 47.8 hp (35 kW) at 8,750 rpm)
- Torque 64 Nm at 6,250 rpm (A2 variant: 59 Nm at 5,250 rpm)
- Fuel supply Electronic sequential multipoint injection with electronic throttle valve control
- Exhaust system Stainless steel exhaust system with 3-in-1 manifold and “single sided” muffler
- Final drive X-ring chain
- Clutch Torque-assisted anti-hopping wet clutch
- Transmission 6-speed
- Frame Tubular steel perimeter frame
- Swingarm Two-arm steel profile swingarm
- Front wheel Cast aluminum wheel, 17 x 3.5
- Rear wheel Cast aluminum wheel, 17 x 5.5
- Front tire 120/70 R17 (58W)
- Rear tire 180/55 R17 (73W)
- Front suspension Showa 41 mm upside-down fork with separated function (SFF)
- 150 mm suspension travel
- Rear suspension Showa monoshock strut with lever return and adjustable spring preload, 150 mm travel
- Front brake Nissin double-piston floating caliper, 310 mm double disc, ABS
- Rear brake Nissin single-piston floating caliper, 255 mm brake disc, ABS
- Instruments Multifunctional TFT color instrument panel
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Length 2,071 mm
- Width (handlebar) 834 mm
- Height (without mirrors) 1,398 mm / 1,315 mm (high / low position of windshield)
- Seat height 835 mm
- Wheelbase 1,418 mm
- Steering head angle 23.1° degrees
- Caster 97.1 mm
- Weight ready to drive 206 kg
- Fuel tank capacity 17.2 liters
- Fuel consumption 4.5 l/100 km
- CO2 emissions 107 g/km
- EURO 5 standard
(CO2 emissions and fuel consumption data are measured in accordance with Regulation 168/2013/EC. Fuel consumption figures have been derived from specific test conditions and are for comparison purposes only. They may not reflect actual driving results).
- Service interval 16,000 km / 12 months
- The Bike Shield muss sicher im Boden verankert werden. Einfach zu handhabende Schutz- und Abdeckungsmöglichkeit mit einem Design, das sich wie ein Zelt als Motorradgarage um Ihr Motorrad legt und es...
- 1 Jahr Garantie. 16 Quadratrohre, eine Bodenplatte und ein Verriegelungssystem, alle mit Galvanisierung, sorgen dafür, dass Ihr Motorrad sicher geschützt ist.
- 100 % wasserdicht, besonders dicke Polyurethanbeschichtung auf der Innenseite mit einer Wassersäule von 2000 mm. Außenseite mit stark wasserabweisenden Eigenschaften und Schutz vor schädlicher...
- Um Feuchtigkeit aus der Motorradgarage abzuführen, ist sie mit Belüftungsöffnungen ausgestattet.
- Praktisch - kein Kontakt von Auspuff und Abdeckung, einfach parken und abdecken, alles in nur drei Sekunden.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-03-13 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API