Triumph has unveiled the Tiger 1200, which is expected to make its mark in the battle for the crown of high-performance adventure bikes. The intention is to offer a new level of performance on the road with dynamic off-road capabilities.
New 1200cc three-cylinder
In the run-up to the unveiling of the 1200 Tiger, rumors spoke of the engine from the Speed Triple 1200 RR also providing propulsion in the Tiger. The designation 1200, which suggested the displacement, supported the rumor. However, it is a new engine.
The 1,160cc three-cylinder is said to set standards in engine characteristics. It produces 150 PS at 9,000 rpm and 130 Nm at 7,000 rpm. Compared to the previous generation, 9 PS more are available. If you look at the performance of comparable competitor models with shaft drive, the Triumph can punch with 14 hp more power.
The three-cylinder has a T-plane crankshaft with unequal firing order, which is said to provide improved control and very good feel on the throttle at low revs, direct response and optimum feel at mid and higher revs, and thus improved traction, especially off-road.
5 different Tiger models
The Tiger 1200 comes in five different versions, three GT and two Rally models to be exact. The GT models are primarily intended for on-road use and are also equipped accordingly. The cast aluminum wheels have dimensions of 19 and 18 inches. The GT and GT Pro hold 20 liters of fuel, the GT Explorer was equipped with a 30-liter tank.
The two Rally models are supposed to be tailor-made for on- and off-road and get tubeless 21- and 18-inch spoked wheels. Again, the Explorer model (Tiger 1200 Rally Explorer) gets the 30-liter tank.
Triumph can also take the stab at weight. Compared to the previous generation, they were able to save 25 kg. Comparing again with competitors (with comparable equipment), the Tiger is up to 17 kg lighter. The ready-to-ride weight (with 90% tank filling) of the Tiger 1200 is given as 240 – 261 kg, depending on the model (complete list below).
The reduction was made possible, among other things, by a completely new chassis. Lighter is also the new and stronger “Tri-Link” cardan swingarm.
Braking is by Brembo Stylema monobloc calipers. Through the IMU, the ABS takes into account the lean angle of the motorcycle. The traction control is also controlled according to lean angle. Depending on the model, there are up to six different riding modes that can be set via the 7-inch display. The semi-active suspension comes from Showa. It has been tuned for maximum on-road and off-road capability.
Reserved for the two Explorer models is Triumph’s Blind Spot Radar, developed in collaboration with Continental. Blind Spot Assist uses rear-facing radar to warn the rider of vehicles in the blind spot. Should one indicate a lane change but a vehicle is approaching from behind, the driver is warned accordingly.
The keyless-go system includes the steering lock and gas cap in addition to the ignition. Rally models are equipped with adaptive cornering lights, hill start assist and quickshifter including blipper function. Heated grips are already standard on Explorer models, as is the tire pressure monitoring system.
As an option, Triumph offers more than 50 original accessories. These include complete luggage systems, protective components or upgrades for the assistance systems.
The Triumph 1200 models will be available at dealers from April 2022.
The color options for the Tiger 1200 models:
Rally Pro and Rally Explorer: Snowdonia White / Sapphire Black / Matte Khaki.
GT Pro and GT Explorer: Snowdonia White / Sapphire Black / Lucerne Blue
1200 GT: Snowdonia White
The features of the new Tiger 1200 model family at a glance
- Completely redesigned Tiger 1200 family
- Tiger 1200 GT family; tailored for heavy-duty street use – with cast aluminum wheels in 19 inch front and 18 inch rear
- Tiger 1200 GT (20-liter tank)
- Tiger 1200 GT Pro (20 liter tank)
- Tiger 1200 GT Explorer (30 liter tank)
- Tiger 1200 Rally family; tailor-made for the perfect adventure – both on and off-road – with spoke wheels in 21 inch front and 18 inch rear (each tubeless)
- Tiger 1200 Rally Pro (20 liter tank)
- Tiger 1200 Rally Explorer (30-liter tank)
The technical specifications of the new Tiger 1200 model family at a glance:
Tiger 1200 GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer / Rally Pro / Rally Explorer.
ENGINE AND POWER TRANSMISSION
- Engine type Liquid-cooled three-cylinder DOHC in-line engine with 12 valves
- Displacement 1,160 cc
- Bore/stroke 90 x 60.7 mm
- Compression ratio 13.2:1
- Rated power 150 hp (110.4 kW) at 9,000 rpm
- Maximum torque 130 Nm at 7,000 rpm
- Fuel system Electronic sequential multipoint fuel injection with electronic throttle control
- Exhaust 3-in-1 stainless steel system with pre-silencer under the engine and side-mounted rear muffler
- Final drive Cardan shaft
- Clutch Multi-plate anti-hopping oil bath clutch
- Transmission 6-speed
- Frame Steel trellis frame with bolted-on light alloy rear frame
- Rear swingarm “Tri-Link” light alloy swingarm with moment balancing struts on both sides
- Front wheel cast aluminum, 19 x 3 inch GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- Spoked wheels (tubeless) 21 x 2.15 inch Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Rear wheel Cast aluminum, 18 x 4.25 in. GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- Spoked wheels (tubeless) 18 x 4.25 inch Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Front tires
- 120/70 R19 (60V) TL, Metzeler Tourance GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 90/90-21 (54V) TL, Metzeler Karoo Street Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Rear tire
- 150/70 R18 (70V) TL Metzeler Tourance GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 150/70 R18 (70V) TL, Metzeler Karoo Street Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Front suspension
- 49 mm Showa upside-down fork semi-active damping, 200 mm travel GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 49 mm Showa upside-down fork semi-active damping, 220 mm travel Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Rear suspension
- Showa central shock, semi-active damping and automatic spring preload, 200 mm travel GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- Showa central shock, semi-active damping and automatic spring preload, 220 mm travel Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Front brake Two floating 320 mm brake discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema monobloc radial calipers, cornering ABS, radial Magura hand brake cylinder, Magura HC1 lever, adjustable grip width
- Rear brake 282 mm brake disc, Brembo single-piston caliper, cornering ABS
- Instruments Full-color 7-inch TFT instrument cluster, “My TRIUMPH” connectivity system
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- 2,245 mm (GT / GT Pro), 2,256 mm (GT Explorer), GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 2,270 mm (Rally Pro), 2,296 mm (Rally Explorer) Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Width (handlebars) 849 mm (handlebars), 982 mm (handguards)
- Height without mirrors
- 1,436 – 1,497 mm (depending on disc setting) GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 1,487 – 1,547 mm (depending on disc setting) Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Seat height
- 850 – 870 mm GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 875 – 895 mm Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Wheelbase 1,560 mm
- Steering head angle
- 1 º GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 7 º Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- 120 mm GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 112 mm Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Weight ready to run (90% fuel)
- 240 kg (GT), 245 kg (GT Pro), 255 kg (GT Explorer) GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 249 kg (Rally Pro), 261 kg (Rally Explorer) Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Fuel tank capacity
- 20 liters (GT / GT Pro), 30 liters (GT Explorer) GT / GT Pro / GT Explorer
- 20 liters (Rally Pro), 30 liters (Rally Explorer) Rally Pro / Rally Explorer
- Fuel consumption will be announced after final homologation
- CO2 emissions will be announced after final homologation
- EURO 5 standard (CO2 emissions and fuel consumption data are measured in accordance with Regulation 168/2013/EC. Fuel consumption figures have been derived from specific test conditions and are for comparison purposes only. They may not reflect actual driving results).
- Service interval 16,000 km / 12 months
- in tri-composite-pim-faser (premium integrated matrix) zur verbesserung der festigkeit und leichtigkeit des helms bei einem gewicht von 1300 g +/- 50 der sicherste doppel-d-schnallenverschluss heute...
- Passform: Universal Fit
- Part number: R-PHA-11_CAR-MC1_L
- Besonderheiten: Anti-Fog Visier
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-11-29 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API