After the limited edition Triumph Rocket 3 TFC was introduced some time ago, today Triumph has submitted pictures and data for the production version. Actually, there are two production versions, the R and the GT.
The differences between the two versions
In the R variant is a power Roadster GT was designed more for touring capabilities. The two versions differ in different details. The R has a seat height of 773 mm, the GT 750 mm. The dry weight of the two distinguish 3 kg. With 291 kg for the R version and 294 kg for the GT version they are not lightweight Bikes, despite LED lighting all around.
The adjustable footpegs of the GT are much further forward than the R. Differences are also on the handlebars and the seat.
The fat engine
The engine was completely redesigned and has a displacement of 2.5 liters. It is the highest-volume production engine for a motorcycle. It makes a maximum of 165 hp at 6,000 revolutions, which corresponds to an increase of 11% compared to the predecessor model. A fat torque is present in all speed ranges. At the top, the new Rocket has 221 Nm (at 4,000 rpm). The maximum is 7.000 revs.
The exhaust gases are discharged via a 3-in-3 exhaust system with two tailpipes on the right and one on the left. Under the engine is a thick collector.
The transmission has six gears. The clutch is servo-assisted. It has to be maintained every 16,000 km.
The assistance systems
The gas control is via ride-by-wire in four different driving modes. Road, Rain, Sport and a freely configurable configuration are available. In addition, a traction control, curve ABS, Hill Start Assist, cruise control, handle heating and a Keyless Go system were installed.
A completely new aluminum frame was constructed. The engine is integrated as a supporting part. The attached to the swingarm rear wheel is driven by cardan.
At the rear, a fully adjustable shock from Showa provides cushioning. The spring travel is indicated by 107 mm. In front an upside-down fork is used, which also comes from Showa. Tension and compression is adjustable. The spring travel is 120 mm.
Tires and brakes
Stylema radial brake calipers from Brembo are mounted on the front wheel. The brake discs have a diameter of 320 mm. Rear, the brake disc has a diameter of 300 mm.
The front tire has the size 150/80/17 inches, the rear tire 240/50/16 inches.
Connectivity features are displayed through the TFT color instrument. Various devices can be coupled and operated via Bluetooth. A USB charging socket was installed under the seat. The tank holds 18 liters.
You can upgrade the Rocket 3 also individually on various Triumph original accessories. A shift assistant can also be ordered or a GoPro control via the controls on the motorcycle is possible at an additional cost.
- Rocket 3 R
- Korosi Red
- Phantom Black
- Rocket 3 GT
- Silver Ice and Storm Grey with a Korosi Red pinstripe decal
- Phantom Black
The price has not yet been revealed. The launch scheduled for the end of 2019.
All data at a glance:
- Engine Type Inline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC
- Capacity 2,458cc
- Bore/Stroke 2 mm x 85.9 mm
- Maximum Power 167PS /165 bhp (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm
- Maximum Torque 221Nm @ 4,000rpm
- Fuel system Ride-by-wire, fuel injected
- Exhaust Stainless 3-into-1 headers with 3 exit silencer / CAT box
- Final drive Shaft, bevel box
- Clutch Hydraulic, torque-assist
- Gearbox 6 speed
- Frame Full aluminium frame
- Instruments TFT multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Rider-configurable) –
- Triumph TFT Connectivity System can be added with accessory fitted Bluetooth module
- Swingarm Single-sided, cast aluminium
- Front Wheel 17 x 3.5in cast aluminium
- Rear Wheel 16 x 7.5in cast aluminium
- Front Tyre 150/80 R17 V
- Rear Tyre 240/50 R16 V
- Front Suspension Showa 47mm upside-down 1+1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjuster. 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension Fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 107mm rear wheel travel.
- Front Brake Dual 320mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema® 4-piston radial monobloc calipers,
- Cornering ABS
- Rear Brake Single 300mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS
- Seat Height 773mm (R-Version) 750mm (GT-Version)
- Rake 9º
- Trail 9 mm
- Dry Weight 291 kg (R-Version) 294 kg (GT-Version)
- Fuel Tank Capacity 18 L
- Fuel Consumption TBC
- CO2 Emissions TBC
- Technische Motorradjacke, optimiert für Langstreckenfahrten und Touren in allen Wetterlagen
- "Aquazone Plus"-Membran: Sowohl wasserdicht als auch atmungsaktiv. Kann herausgenommen werden.
- herausnehmbare, CE-zertifizierte Protektoren
- laminierte Reflexelemente sorgen für erhöhte Sichtbarkeit und somit mehr Schutz für den Fahrer
- Die wasserdichte Innenmembran ist herausnehmbar und kann als Regenjacke oberhalb der Hauptjacke getragen werden
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2019-07-19 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API