With the Speed Triple RR, Triumph introduces a modern cafe racer interpretation of the Speed Triple 1200 RS. However, the changes are not limited to the look.
Not just sporty looks
Most noticeable is the new cockpit fairing with the single round headlight. Triumph placed great emphasis here on hiding cables and hoses as much as possible to achieve a clean look. A daytime running light has been integrated into the round LED headlight. LED technology is also used for turn signals and the tail light to ensure maximum durability and efficiency.
The side panels, as well as the front fender, have been made of carbon. Otherwise, you can find additional carbon inserts on the fairing.
To emphasize the sporty claim, the ergonomics have been revised, which should make it the sportiest Speed Triple ever. The new clip-on handlebar has been mounted 135 mm lower and 50 mm further forward than on the RS. The position of the footrests has also been revised. In conjunction with the narrow tank, the shaped seat profile and the seat height of 830 mm should provide the best comfort and maximum control.
Instead of the NIX30 upside-down fork and TTX36 shock from Öhlins, the RR version uses Öhlins’ Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension. It was specially tuned for the geometry of the Speed Triple RR. Adjustments to the suspension can also be made while riding via the TFT instrument. The suspension constantly monitors the data received during the ride, including speed, acceleration and also riding style, in order to automatically adjust the compression and rebound damping optimally.
For deceleration, Triumph resorted to Brembo Stylema monobloc calipers and floating 320 mm brake discs for the front. The Brembo hand brake lever features a multi-click system that allows the lever spacing and ratio to be adjusted for maximum comfort and control. The rear wheel is decelerated with a Brembo two-piston caliper and a 220 mm single disc.
Cruise control and also a keyless system for ignition, steering lock and fuel cap have been integrated into the RR.
Performance data unchanged
Nothing has been changed on the engine, so the performance data is also identical to that of the sister model. The 1,160 cc three-cylinder produces 180 PS at 10,750 rpm and a maximum torque of 125 Nm at 9,000 rpm.
Like the Speed Triple RS, the RR is equipped with the 5-inch TFT display that comes with the My Triumph connectivity system. This allows you to pair your smartphone and control phone calls, a GoPro or music playback on the bike. Arrow navigation is also possible.
In addition, there is cornering ABS, traction control, wheelie control and five riding modes Rain, Road, Sport, Rider and Track. Triumph’s Shift Assist Quickshifter was developed based on lessons learned from Moto2.
Self-resetting and / or running light turn signals are offered as options. In total, more than 30 original accessories are available to customize and / or upgrade the Speed Triple RR.
The two color combinations Red Hopper / Storm Grey or Crystal White / Storm Grey with details in gold are available. Included is a matching color seat cover for the pillion seat.
ENGINE AND POWER TRANSMISSION
- Engine type Liquid-cooled three-cylinder DOHC in-line engine with 12 valves
- Displacement 1,160 cm³
- Bore/stroke 90 x 60.8 mm
- Compression ratio 13.2:1
- Rated power 180 hp (132.4 kW) at 10,750 rpm
- Maximum torque 125 Nm at 9,000 rpm
- Fuel system Electronic sequential multipoint fuel injection with electronic throttle control
- Exhaust 3-in-1 stainless steel system with pre-silencer under the engine and side-mounted muffler
- Final drive X-ring chain
- Clutch Multi-plate anti-hopping oil bath clutch
- Transmission 6-speed
- Frame Light alloy bridge frame with bolt-on light alloy rear frame
- Rear swingarm Light alloy single-sided swingarm
- Cast aluminum front wheel, 17 x 3.5 in.
- Rear wheel Cast aluminum, 17 x 6.0 inch
- Front tire 120/70 ZR17 (58W)
- Rear tire 190/55 ZR17 (75W)
- Front suspension Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins upside-down fork with Öhlins S-EC 2.0 OBTi system for electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment, 120 mm travel
- Rear suspension Öhlins central shock with Öhlins S-EC 2.0 OBTi system for electronic adjustment of compression & rebound damping, 120 mm travel
- Front brake Two floating 320 mm brake discs,
- Brembo Stylema monobloc radial calipers, cornering ABS, radial hand brake cylinder, adjustable for grip width and gear ratio
- Rear brake 220 mm brake disc, Brembo double-piston caliper, cornering ABS
- Instruments Full-color 5-inch TFT instrument panel
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Length 2,085mm
- Width (handlebar) 758mm
- Height without mirrors 1,120 mm
- Seat height 830 mm
- Wheelbase 1.439 mm
- Steering head angle 23.9 º
- Caster 104.7 mm
- Weight ready to ride 199 kg
- Fuel tank capacity 15.5 liters
- Fuel consumption 6.3 l/100 km
- CO2 emissions 144.0 g/km
- EURO 5 standard
- (CO2 emissions and fuel consumption data are measured in accordance with Regulation 168/2013/EC. Fuel consumption figures have been derived from specific test conditions and are for comparison purposes only. They may not reflect actual driving results).
- Service interval 16,000 km / 12 months
- 4 Außentaschen, davon 2 wasserdicht
- 2 Innentaschen, davon eine am Innenfutter
- Wasserdichte, winddicht, atmungsaktive durch GoreTex-Membran
- Ärmel-, Taillen- und Handgelenksweitenverstellung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-09-27 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API