TRIUMPH has further developed the Scrambler all around. The unmistakable design and also the distinctive sound were retained. The equipment features have been upgraded once again. In addition to the obligatory conversion to Euro 5, the two model variants XC and XE are supplemented with the exclusive Steve McQueen special series.
With the Scrambler 1200 XE and XC, Triumph aims to combine the best of two motorcycle worlds, the iconic Scrambler style with the unmistakable character of a modern classic and the equipment of a full-fledged adventure bike.
The 1,200cc parallel twin has been revised for Euro 5 and actually exceeds it. Triumph refers to it as a scrambler tune, which should provide a perfect balance between power and torque and is best suited for on-road and off-road use.
Maximum torque is 110 Nm and is already reached at 4,500 rpm. Peak power of 90 PS is available at 7,250 rpm.
The high-mounted dual exhaust system has also been revised for Euro 5, alongside which heat distribution is said to have been improved.
Brakes, chassis, tires
Thanks to the long suspension travel of 250 mm on the XE and 200 mm on the XC, off-road riding is no problem. At the same time, the two scramblers are said to offer a comfortable ride on the road. The upside-down fork comes from Showa, the shocks from Öhlins. Both are adjustable for preload, compression and rebound.
Braking is by Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers, which are allowed to bite into the two 320 mm floating brake discs.
The wheels are aluminum rims with side spoke mounts, allowing the use of tubeless tires. The first tires are the enduro tires Metzeler Tourance. For extreme off-road use, Pirelli Scorpion Rally are recommended. At the front, the tire size is 21 inches.
The Scrambler 1200 XC and XE are equipped with a full-color TFT instrument that features two different design themes, each with three options for the display layout. You can even include and display the rider’s name in the startup sequence. The displays are controlled with a 5-way joystick on the left-hand end of the handlebar and other switches, which are backlit. The instrument is already prepared for the “My TRIUMPH” connectivity system.
Up to six riding modes are available: Road, Rain, Sport, Off-Road, Off-Road Pro (XE only) and a freely configurable mode. The modes can also be changed while driving. However, this does not apply to the two off-road modes, which can only be activated while stationary.
The 1200 XE features cornering-optimized ABS and cornering traction control. Light LED technology is used for the lighting. LED daytime running lights have also been installed for better visibility.
Other features include torque-assisted clutch, cruise control, keyless ignition, an a under-seat USB charging port and pre-prepared wiring for optional heated grips.
Many aluminum parts
The Scrambler 1200 features minimal aluminum fenders, brushed aluminum side covers with Scrambler 1200 lettering and an aluminum engine guard. The XE also gets hand guards, Brembo MCS levers, a gold fork and an extended aluminum swingarm that has been given a shot-peened and anodized finish.
Optionally, there are still more than 70 original accessories
Triumph Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition
The Steve McQueen Edition is a Scrambler 1200 XE intended as a tribute to the famous movie star. In addition to the exclusive paint job, it has been equipped with an extensive list of unique details, making it the best (standard) equipped Scrambler 1200 ever. Only 1,000 units will be offered for sale worldwide.
The 2021 Scrambler 1200 XC and XE and the STEVE MCQUEEN EDITION at a glance:
- New Euro 5 engine tuning with lower emissions
- New Euro 5 exhaust system – including improved heat distribution
- Powerful 1200cc Bonneville Twin engine with special scrambler tuning:
- 110 Nm at a low 4,500 rpm and 90 PS at 7,250 rpm
Dual purpose: Classic and Adventure crossover
- Commanding riding position with wide, adjustable handlebars
- Excellent comfort for the rider
- 21-inch front wheel for best off-road performance
Groundbreaking equipment and state-of-the-art technology
- Fully adjustable Öhlins shocks and Showa fork with long suspension travel
- dual disc brake system with Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers
- powerfully dimensioned, high-quality aluminum swingarm
- Color TFT instrumentation and illuminated switches and gauges
- Up to 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro (XE)
- Optimized cornering ABS and optimized cornering traction control (XE)
- Full LED lighting with daytime running headlights
- Keyless ignition, cruise control with one-button operation and USB charging port
- A 21st century scrambler – with timeless style and premium details
- Iconic silhouette with classically shaped seat and signature high-mounted dual exhaust
- Beautiful side-mounted wheels with modern tubeless tires
- Seamlessly sculpted tank with Monza-style brushed aluminum lid
- Over 70 available accessories, including a new Dakar Rally-inspired fly screen
Exclusive and limited edition Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen edition
- Individually numbered, limited-edition special series, of which only 1,000 are available worldwide
- Unique Steve McQueen branding on the tank and handlebar clamp
- Exclusive special finish in Competition Green
- Particularly high-quality standard equipment with first-class scrambler accessories
- Certificate of authenticity signed by TRIUMPH CEO Nick Bloor and Chad McQueen
- 4 Außentaschen, davon 2 wasserdicht
- 2 Innentaschen, davon eine am Innenfutter
- Wasserdichte, winddicht, atmungsaktive durch GoreTex-Membran
- Ärmel-, Taillen- und Handgelenksweitenverstellung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-10-02 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API