Triumph had already announced the new and limited Daytona. The presentation was now held as part of the Motorcycle Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Triumph Daytona Moto2 765 Limited Edition presented
The new Daytona is strictly limited. 765 pieces are made for the US and Canada, another 765 pieces for Europe, Asia and the rest of the world. A metal plate on the fork bridge will show the serial number of the machine.
The engine is derived from the racing engine of the Moto2
It is a three-cylinder with 765 cc capacity and 130 hp. The titanium intake valves, pistons, piston pins, camshaft profiles, connecting rods, crankshaft and liners are said to have been designed after the racing engine of the Moto2. The compression is 12.9: 1.
130 hp are at 12,250 rpm. 13,250 rpm, is the maximum. The maximum torque of 80 Nm is already reached at 9,750 rpm.
Triumph speaks of a noticeable increase in performance over the Street Triple (the engine was the basis for the Moto2-Engine). The ratio of the first gear is now longer. A quickshifter with blipper function (for upshifting and downshifting without a clutch) is standard.
There are five driving modes available. Rain, Road, Sports, Track and a freely configurable mode can be selected. The modes affect throttle response, traction control and ABS.
High quality components
The limited edition model is equipped with high quality components. Braking is done with Stylema radial brake calipers from Brembo. The fork comes from Öhlins. A 43 mm NIX30 fork with 120 mm travel was installed. For the strut, they take the TTX36 with 133 mm travel.
The 17-inch cast wheels are fitted first with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP. The fairing consists for the most part of clear varnished carbon. This keeps the carbon structure visible and protected from harmful UV radiation. Frame and swingarm are anodised.
Settings, driving modes, revs and speed are displayed on a full-color TFT display.
If you want to further customize the Daytona 765, you can using original Triumph accessories. The Triumph Daytona 765 will go on sale in February 2020, but the price has not yet been revealed.
The data at a glance:
- Limited and numbered production with only 765 copies for the US and Canada and another 765 copies for Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
- Machined aluminum steering plate and laser etched serial number
- New engine based on the Moto2
- New 765er three-cylinder, derived directly from the Moto2
- The most powerful 765 engine ever
- 130 hp at 12,250 rpm
- 80 Nm at 9,750 rpm
- Arrow titanium exhaust system
- The first motorcycle produced in cooperation with Dorna
- Technical specifications at the highest level
- Lighter than the previous generation
- Brembo Stylema® brakes
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tires
- Öhlins suspension
- single seat configuration
- Agile and precise handling
- Built for the road and racetrack
- TFT color instrument and Moto2 startup screen
- 5 driving modes, including track
- Quickshifter with blipper function
- Style and character of a real racing motorcycle
- weight savings thanks to carbon fiber cladding
- Union Jack coloring and official Moto2 branding
- Anodized frame and swingarm
- Er zeichnet sich durch ein innovatives asymmetrisches Design aus und bietet hohen Schutz, Ergonomie und Qualität.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-06-20 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API