Rumors of a limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR trimmed for performance have been around for a while, and now KTM has unveiled the special model.
KTM has once again tightened up its flagship “Beast”, the “RR” designation is intended to make this clear and distinguish it from the standard version.
The RR is based on the latest KTM 1290 Super Duke R Prototype and is limited to 500 units. It will be available for sale exclusively online.
Performance data of the Super Duke RR
The 1,301 cc engine produces 180 PS and 140 Nm. The weight is listed at 180 kg. According to KTM, this results in a power-to-weight ratio of 1 PS per kg, although the 180 kg is the dry weight. This makes the RR 9 kg lighter than the Super Duke R. A saving of 1.5 kg was made on the rims alone, which also means a reduction in rotating masses and makes the handling more agile.
Furthermore, it was possible to save some weight by using carbon fiber. The rear frame was redesigned, made of the noble material and designed as a single seat configuration. The LED taillight and LED turn signals have been integrated into it. The adaptive brake light is standard. The fairing parts are also made of carbon.
Performance for the racetrack
The special model was developed for performance with a focus on the racetrack. The RR has been fitted with a new WP suspension system. A fully adjustable WP APEX PRO 7548 closed-cartridge fork operates at the front, while an APEX PRO 7746 shock damps at the rear, adapted to the specifications of the new KTM 1290 Super Duke RR. In addition, a WP APEX PRO 7117 steering damper has also been installed.
The rear silencer comes from Akrapovic, is made of lightweight titanium and has been fitted with carbon end caps. A complete exhaust system is also offered as an option.
The electronics have been revised for use on the race track. KTM describes it as the most race-ready electronics ever fitted to a KTM. They specifically point to the Track mode and the brand new Performance riding mode. Rear wheel slip, throttle response, launch control and engine drag torque control can be adjusted almost completely freely.
Pre-orders are available exclusively online from April 08 at 10am (CET). Information on price and availability is not yet available.
The most important features of the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR at a glance:
- Most powerful V2 engine ever fitted to a naked bike
- 180 PS paired with 180 kg weight give the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE RR a power-to-weight ratio of 1 kg per PS
- New WP APEX PRO suspension and Michelin Power Cup2 tires
- New carbon fiber bodywork
- Lightweight lithium-ion battery, saves 2.5 kg
- Ultra-light forged wheels, save 1.5 kg of unsprung weight
- Carbon fiber rear frame with redesigned single bench seat
- CTG inspired by prototype
- Exclusive KTM PowerParts package
- Limited to only 500 units worldwide
- ENGINE TYPE 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- DISPLACEMENT 1,301 cc
- BORE/STROKE 108 / 71 mm
- POWER 132 kW (180 hp) @ 9,500 rpm
- TORQUE 140 Nm @ 8,000 rpm
- COMPRESSION RATIO 13.5:1
- STARTER / BATTERY Electric starter / Lithium-Ion battery (12 V 96 Wh)
- TRANSMISSION 6 gears
- FUEL SYSTEM Keihin EFI (throttle body 56 mm)
- CONTROL 8 V / DOHC
- LUBRICATION Pressure lubrication with 3 Eaton pumps
- ENGINE OIL Motorex, SAE 10W-50
- PRIMARY DRIVE 40:76
- FINAL DRIVE 17:38
- COOLING Liquid cooling
- CLUTCH PASC slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT / IGNITION Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- TRACTION CONTROL Cornering MTC (lean-angle sensitive, 5 Modes, disengageable)
- CO2 EMISSIONS 125 g / km
- FUEL CONSUMPTION 5.4 l / 100km
- FRAME Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- SUBFRAME Cast aluminum / Carbon
- HANDLEBAR Aluminium, tapered, Ø 28 / 22 mm
- FRONT SUSPENSION WP APEX PRO 7548 Close Cartridge front fork
- ADJUSTABILITY Preload, compression, rebound adjustable
- REAR SUSPENSION WP APEX PRO 7746
- ADJUSTABILITY Compression (high and low speed), rebound, hydraulic preload
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT / REAR 130 / 140 m
- FRONT BRAKE 2 x Brembo Stylema Monobloc four piston, radially mounted caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
- REAR BRAKE Brembo two piston, fixed caliper, brake disc Ø 240 mm
- ABS Bosch 9.1MP 2.0 (with cornering ABS and SUPERMOTO ABS)
- WHEELS FRONT / REAR Forged wheels 3.50 x 17″; 6.00 x 17″
- TYRES FRONT / REAR 120/70 ZR 17; 200/55 ZR 17
- CHAIN 525 X-ring
- SILENCER Akrapovic Slip-On Line
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE 65.6° – 65° (depending on rear shock length)
- TRAIL 100 mm – 103 mm (depending on rear shock length)
- WHEEL BASE 1,492 mm – 1,495 mm ± 15 mm (depending on rear shock length)
- GROUND CLEARANCE 160 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT 847 – 837 mm
- TANK CAPACITY approx 16 litres / 3.5 l reserve
- DRY WEIGHT approx. 180 kg
- WEIGHT (READY TO RIDE) approx. 189 kg (without fuel)
- WEIGHT (WET) *DIN 90% FUELLED approx. 200 kg
- Verwendetes Material: Außenmaterial: 75% Polyester 25% Nylon. Innenfutter : 100% Polyester
- Eingenähte Aramidverstärkungen am Rücken, Schulter und Ellbogen - herausnehmbare Protektoren an Schulter und Ellenbogen.
- Herausnehmbarer Soft-Foam-Protektor im Rücken - 2 Außentaschen
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-04-14 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API