Team SMT Racing will compete in all classes at the Isle of Man TT this year with Rob Hodson. Team boss Robin Croft has sent some well-known riders to the circuit in recent years, including John McGuinness, Michael Rutter, Dan Stewart and Tim Reeves. Now he has acquired a new Honda Fireblade for Hodson to race in the Superbike, Senior and Superstock classes. The bike was prepared by Jackson Racing.
Hodson will be supported for the Supersport and Supertwin races by Sean Dawson of Vehicle Recovery Services and Kevin and Kate Hickey of KH Commercials, who will provide him with a Yamaha R6 and a Kawasaki Z650, respectively. All three bikes will compete in the uniform SMT Racing livery.
Croft backs local rider Hodson: SMT Racing intensifies attack on TT 2023.
Croft returned to the TT last year after a five-year hiatus, fielding John McGuinness in the two Supersport races. He will intensify his efforts this year, relying on local rider Hodson.
“After a few years away from the TT, it was great to be back with John last year,” said Croft. “We were only contesting the two Supersport races though so I couldn’t help but feel we were missing out so when I found out Rob was looking for a ride, it seemed right to lend him my support and return for a full-scale assault.
He obviously lives local to me and we’ve done a little bit together in the past but his results are improving all the time and I’m confident with our team and infrastructure, we can help take him to the next level.”
Hodson with impressive record: five top-15 finishes and fast lap times at the TT
Hodson joins SMT Racing after enjoying success with Dafabet Racing for the past three years. In the most recent season, he achieved his best results to date on the Isle of Man. He managed no less than five top-15 finishes. His best result at the TT was seventh in the Supertwin race, but he also made an impression in the two Supersport races, finishing 12th and 13th, and with an average speed of more than 123 mph (about 198 km/h).
Hodson also did well in the big races, finishing 13th and 14th in the Superbike and Senior races. In addition, he won the Classic Superbike Manx Grand Prix for Greenall Racing. Having already completed the course at over 126 mph (approximately 203 km/h), Hodson is looking forward to the challenge of improving even further with SMT Racing at TT2023.
“I’m delighted to be joining SMT Racing and can’t thank Robin enough,” said the 36-year old. “He helped me out a little bit back in 2018 and we’ve kept in touch ever since so when he said he was looking to get more involved with racing again, one thing led to another and I’ve now got a brand new Honda Fireblade at my disposal.
We’ll run the bike in Superstock-spec, which, as we’ve seen both at the TT and on the short circuits, will be more than competitive for the Superbike, Senior and Superstock races whilst the team’s infrastructure is second to none. With Sean supplying the 600 and Kate and Kevin the Twin, I’m well equipped to build on last year’s results and improve further still and that’s the obvious aim.”
- PRÜFEN SIE DIE GRÖßENTABELLE: für die beste Passform überprüfen Sie bitte die Größentabelle in der Galerie, wenn Sie zwischen den Größen messen, empfehlen wir, größere Größe zu...
- SCHÜTZT IHREN FUß - Verstärkte Ferse, Knöchelstütze mit TPU-Protektor und stoßabsorbierendem PORONXRD-Material sowie verstärkte Zehenkappe mit Schaltpolster.
- BELÜFTET - Perforiertes Wildleder an mehr als der Hälfte der Motorradturnschuhe ermöglicht einen optimalen Luftaustausch während der Fahrt und lässt Ihren Fuß an einem langen Tag im Büro atmen.
- ANTI-SLIP SOLE - Ölbeständige und nicht abfärbende Gummisohle mit eingebettetem Stahlschaft für zusätzlichen Schutz und Festigkeit.
- PERFEKT FÜR MOTORRAD UND MEHR - Entworfen, um Maximalen Komfort und Schutz auf dem Motorrad zu bieten, aber so gut Auszusehen und sich so gut anzufühlen wie normale Turnschuhe; Passt gut zu den...
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-10-01 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API