Even before Valentino Rossi ended his motorcycle career after 26 years in the World Motorcycle Championship, he subsequently considered entering 4-wheeled motorsport. Now it has been announced where and for whom he will ride.
Back in December, the 9-time world champion tested the Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II, a car with which he will contest the entire GT World Challenge Europe in 2022 for Team WRT. He will therefore compete in ten races, five of which will be sprint races and five endurance races. The endurance races will be over three, six or 24 hours.
“We all know what a great motorbike champion and sports figure Vale is, but most of all, he is a true racer and a very professional and competitive sportsman, eager to be as successful as possible in the new challenge he has decided to embrace,” revealed W Racing Team CEO Vincent Vosse. “This is exactly why we really wanted to work with him. The test we made at Valencia was extremely positive for both parties, in terms of technical feedback and working approach, and we took things from there. We warmly welcome Vale in the WRT family and I am sure that we are off to a very exciting experience for both.”
“I am delighted to join Team WRT for a full Fanatec GTWCE powered by AWS program,” added The Doctor. “Everybody knows that I have always been a great car racing fan and that I have always been interested in racing on four wheels once my MotoGP career would come to an end. Now I am completely available to devote myself to a car racing program at a high level and with the right professional approach. Team WRT is the perfect fit I was looking for and I am anxious to start this new adventure in the GTWCE with them.”
- Entdecke die neuen Inhalte der MotoGP Saison 2022, über 120 Fahrer, mehr als 20 offizielle Strecken und eine mitreißende Stimmung
- Erlebe die spannende Saison 2009 mit exklusiven Hintergrundinfos und actionreichen, historischen Herausforderungen
- Zum ersten Mal in der Geschichte des Videospiel-Franchise kannst du deine Freunde im 2-Spieler-Splitscreen-Modus herausfordern
- Die Day One Edition enthält zusätzlich zum Spiel MotoGP 22 - VIP Multiplier Pack DLC und MotoGP 22 - Special Suits DLC
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-10-01 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API