Honda brings back the iconic minibike from the 70s. The new Honda Dax celebrates its comeback as a 125cc.
As previously reported, Honda applied for the word mark ST 125 at the European Patent Office in December 2020. Until the presentation, however, Honda has taken quite some time.
The new Dax again uses a T-frame made of pressed steel, in which the 3.8-liter fuel tank has been integrated. The 12-inch wheels are covered with 120/70 tires at the front and 130/70 tires at the rear. A 31 upside-down fork works up front, while the rear is damped by two shocks.
Braking is via disc brake systems with diameters of 220 mm in front and 190 mm in the rear, which have ABS, of course.
The Dax is powered by an air-cooled two-valve four-stroke engine. It is the engine of the Super Cub C125, producing 9.4 PS (6.9 kW) and 10.8 Nm. Up to 90 km/h is said to be possible. The four-speed transmission uses a centrifugal clutch, which eliminates the need for manual clutching. One can simply step through the gears by the foot pedal. Neutral is at the very bottom.
LED technology is used for the lighting all around. The speedometer is also modern, an LC display is used, but it has been implemented as a round instrument.
Price, availability, colors
Chromed handles are available for a pillion passenger. The seat height is 775 mm. A heated grip or luggage rack is offered as an option. In terms of weight, Honda cites 107 kg (fully fueled). A tank filling should be enough for 240 km.
From when the new Honda Dax 125 will stand at dealers, was not yet announced, also the price is not yet known. The colors gray and red are available.
Data of the Honda ST125 DAX
- Single cylinder, 2-valve, air-cooled
- Displacement 124 cc
- Bore x stroke 50 x 63.1 mm
- Compression ratio 10 : 1
- Maximum power 9,4HP (6,9kW) at 7.000rpm
- Torque 10.8Nm @ 5,000rpm
- Noise level (dB) 79.2 dB
- Total oil quantity 1 liter
- Fuel injection Honda PGMFI electronic fuel injection
- Fuel tank capacity 3.8 liters
- Fuel consumption 63.7 km/l (average cycle WMTC)
- CO2 emissions
- (WMTC) 35 g/km
- battery capacity 12V 3.5AH
- automatic, centrifugal, wet multi-plate clutch
- Transmission type 4-speed, rotary
- frame type “T”, pressed steel
- dimensions (WxLxH) 1.760 x 760 x 1.020 mm
- Wheelbase 1.020 mm
- Steering head angle 24,9
- Track 84 mm
- Seat height 775 mm
- Ground clearance 180 mm
- Turning radius 2 meters
- Weight with full tank 107 kg
- 31mm upside-down fork, 100mm suspension travel
- Rear dual shocks, 120 mm rear wheel travel
- Wheels -Front aluminum 5-spokes
- Rear aluminum 5-spoke
- Tires, front 120/7012M/C 51L
- Rear tires 130/7012M/C 56L
- Single 220 mm hydraulic disc with single channel ABS with IMU
- Rear Single 190 mm hydraulic disc
- Type ABS Single channel ABS
- Backlit LCD display
- Front LED light
- Rear light LED
- in tri-composite-pim-faser (premium integrated matrix) zur verbesserung der festigkeit und leichtigkeit des helms bei einem gewicht von 1300 g +/- 50 der sicherste doppel-d-schnallenverschluss heute...
- Passform: Universal Fit
- Part number: R-PHA-11_CAR-MC1_L
- Besonderheiten: Anti-Fog Visier
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-03-23 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API