Yesterday’s MotoGP race in Barcelona was won by KTM rider Miguel Oliveira. However, an incident with Fabio Quartararo caused a lot of discussion.
The French Yamaha rider apparently had problems with his race suit towards the end of the race. According to Fabio, five laps before the end of the race the zipper suddenly opened and could no longer be closed. During the live broadcast, one could see Fabio remove his chest protector, as it was flapping badly due to the wind and was bothering him.
Fabio continued his race with the open leather and crossed the finish line in third place. As he had to cut the track once in the run-up but did not drop back afterwards, he was given a 3-second penalty. This threw him back to fourth place. Because of the incident with the leather suit, Quartararo was later given another 3-second penalty, which then threw him back to sixth place.
The reason for the second penalty was “not wearing protective clothing correctly and securely on the track”. This is clearly described in the regulations.
However, many riders are debating whether race control should have black-flagged Fabio for safety reasons, instead of letting him ride five laps with his open suit. If Quartararo had crashed, this could have had extreme consequences for him.
- Vorbestellerbonus - Jetzt MotoGP 21 für die PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X oder PC vorbestellen und den DLC „MotoGP - Limited Edition Liveries“ erhalten.
- Die MotoGP 21-Saison so mitreißend wie nie zuvor
- Verfolge deine Karriere und werde zum Held der MotoGP-Meisterschaft
- Baue dein eigenes MotoGP-Team auf und triff wichtige Entscheidungen
- Passe deinen Fahrer und dein Motorrad an und zeige allen, wer neben dem besten Fahrstil auch den coolsten Style hat
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-22 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API