After a break of three years, a NIGHT of the JUMPs took place again in the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin. The fans were thrilled and experienced an exciting evening at the Freestyle of Nations Contest.
Teams from the Czech Republic, Spain and Germany competed against each other. The riders included three FMX World Champions: David Rinaldo, Maikel Melero and Luc Ackermann.
Freestyle Motocross Run 1: Czech Republic starts strong
Matej Cesak from Team Czech Republic started the competition in Freestyle Heat 1 and wowed the crowd with his new tricks like the Lazyboy Backflip, Tsunami Flip, Seatgrab Flip and No-Hand Flip. He won the heat and scored 56 points for his team. Spain finished in 2nd place, followed by Germany.
In the Whip Contest Cesak could convince again and won with 100 points. Thus the Czech Republic was in the lead ahead of the favorites from Germany and Spain.
Freestyle Motocross Run 2: Germany catches up
In the second freestyle heat, David Rinaldo, competing for Germany, showed an impressive performance with the Californa Roll, the Tsunami Flip and a Rock Solid Backflip and won the heat with 75 points. Filip Podmol from Czech Republic reached 2nd place, Dany Torres from Spain 3rd place.
In the Synchro competition Team Spain and Team Germany had a thrilling battle. But with two perfect Tsunami Indy Flips Maikel Melero and Marc Pinyol got the 100 points for Spain.
Freestyle Motocross Run 3: Germany fights for the victory
Petr Pilat from Czech Republic showed the Tsunami Flip and the “TP” in the third Freestyle Heat. But Maikel Melero from Spain countered with tricks like the California Roll and the Frontflip. Then it was the turn of German World Champion Luc Ackermann and he impressed with a massive Tsunami Flip, the best 360 in FMX sport and a Double Backflip as a crowning finish. With 77 points, he posted the highest individual result of the evening and brought Germany within striking distance of the Czech Republic.
In the Best Trick competition, Filip Podmol from the Czech Republic jumped a perfectly stretched Doublegrab Backflip, securing the Czech Republic the victory in this competition and also in the overall standings. Team Germany took silver ahead of Team Spain.
NIGHT of the JUMPs returned to Berlin in spectacular fashion. Team Czech Republic won the competition, but it continues on Saturday with the second day of NIGHT of the JUMPs in Berlin. Here, Team Germany has the opportunity to strike back.
NIGHT of the JUMPs / Freestyle of Nations Berlin – 24.02.2023 Results
- Team Czech Republic 437 Points
- Team Germany 419 Points
- 3rd Team Spain 397 Points
Freestyle Motocross Run 1
- 1st Team Czech Republic – Matej Cesak 56 Points
- 2nd Team Germany – Kai Haase 51 Points
- 3rd Team Spain – Marc Pinyol 40 Points
Freestyle Motocross Run 2
- 1st Team Germany – David Rinaldo 75 Points
- 2nd Team Czech Republic – Filip Podmol 65 Points
- 3rd Team Spain – Dany Torres 50 Points
Freestyle Motocross Run 3
- 1st Team Germany – Luc Ackermann 77 Points
- 2nd Team Spain – Maikel Melero 70 Points
- 3rd Team Czech Republic – Petr Pilat 61 Points
- 1st Team Czech Republic – Matej Cesak 100 Points
- 2nd Team Germany – Kai Haase 80 Points
- 3rd Team Spain – Marc Pinyol 65 Points
- 1st Team Spain – Melero/Pinyol 100 Points
- 2nd Team Germany – Haase/Rinaldo 80 Points
- 3rd Team Czech Republic – Pilat/Podmol 65 Points
- 1st Team Czech – Podmol/Pilat/Zelinka 90 Points
- 2nd Team Spain – Melero/Bonafee 72 Points
- Team Germany -Ackermann/D.Godziek 56 Points
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Neil Tuxworth, John McGuinness, Cameron Donald (Actors)
- Ben Hume-Paton (Director) - Gaucho Productions (Producer)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-26 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API