Suzuki has released a teaser video hinting at a new model that will be unveiled during their motorcycle show on February 5th. It looks suspiciously like the long overdue new Hayabusa.
Rumors of a new Hyabusa have been around for years now and sketches from patent drawings have also surfaced in the meantime.
When the first Hayabusa came on the market in 1999, it was almost like a scandal. A motorcycle that is so fast “that it sends the driver into a frenzy”. 312 km/h top performance. Tests on regular TV or the news showed how the Hayabusa even outstripped a following helicopter on the highway. A real myth arose around the motorcycle. The power of 175 PS from 1,300 cc surpassed the super sports bikes of the time, as well as the top speed.
The most powerful and fastest production motorcycle?
Accordingly, the footprints that a new Hayabusa would have to fill are huge. An extreme performance and an extreme top speed should be offered. However, in times when super sports bikes already have up to 220 PS, this could be difficult and it could well be that these goals were no longer on Suzuki’s agenda.
The speedometer in the teaser video shows a top speed of 180 mph, which is equivalent to around 290 km/h, but the tachometer would still have some breathing room. There is also a lean angle indicator. One can assume that the lean angle is also taken into account for the assistance systems such as ABS or traction control.
The Hayabusa has not exactly been a lightweight so far. Looking at the bike in the teaser, it looks like that won’t change much. It also looks like a really massive rear muffler will be fitted.
At the moment, however, this is all speculation and we will probably only find out the exact details on February 5.
- Puig präsentiert offiziell seine Querruder Linie "Downforce" für den 1000 ccm-Sport.
- Puig stellt Ihnen die neuesten aerodynamischen Innovationen aus dem Wettbewerb zur Verfügung, die bemerkenswerte Verbesserungen bei der Leistung und beim Fahren Ihres Sports bringen.
- In mehreren Kreisläufen getestet, wurde seine Wirksamkeit durch die Verbesserung des Griffs des Vorderrades beim Bremsen, der durch den Abwärtseffekt, die größere Stabilität bei Geraden und...
- Leicht und mit einer aggressiven Ästhetik wird jedes Modell mit zwei zweifarbigen "Winglets" geliefert, um sie an Ihren Geschmack anzupassen und für maximale Personalisierung zu sorgen.
- Bisher verfügbare Modelle: Kawasaki ZX10R 16'-19', Honda CBR1000RR 17'-18', Yamaha R1 15'-18', Suzuki GSX-R1000 17'-18' y BMW S1000RR 15'-18'.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-07-31 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API