The 1290 Super Adventure S represents the new spearhead of KTM Adventure bikes with over 1,000cc. It is KTM’s sportiest and most technically advanced bike in this category.
Revised ergonomics for better handling
The new chassis contributes to better handling as the weight distribution has been improved in favor of maneuverability. The steering head has been moved back 15 mm. The new swingarm contributes to better stability under acceleration.
Also redesigned is the 23-liter fuel tank, which is equipped with a keyless filler cap. The seat is split and can be adjusted by 20 mm. Also adjustable are the handlebars, the TFT display and the windshield.
The suspension is semi-active, which means it automatically adapts to the current surface. To do this, it uses data from a 6D sensor to control the new valves.
Engine and performance
The V2 engine has been revised for Euro5. It produces 160 PS and a maximum torque of 138 Nm. Changes to the oil circuit, pistons and a thinner engine case have saved 1.6 kg. Service is mandatory every 15,000 km. The exhaust system was also revised and adapted for Euro5.
Two new radiators and the redesigned bodywork ensure that the hot air is better directed away from the legs.
Assistance systems & radar
A new generation of assistance systems has been installed in the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S. In addition to the four different riding modes Rain, Street, Sport and Offroad, the Rally riding mode is also offered as an option.
An adaptive cruise control system, developed in collaboration with Bosch, uses radar sensors to automatically adjust the distance to other road users. The new automatic cruise control can be set to five levels via a new combination switch.
All settings are shown on the 7-inch TFT display, which can also be paired with the smartphone. Should the mobile phone battery run out, the USB charging socket in the redesigned storage compartment can be used.
Optional is the Quickshifter+ which is supposed to shift even smoother thanks to a new shifting mechanism from PANKL. The traction control, as well as the ABS takes into account the lean angle of the motorcycle. An engine drag torque control is optional.
For customization, KTM offers a range of PowerParts for the 1290 Super Adventure S, but there are some technical uprades here.
KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S – MODEL HIGHLIGHTS
- New ergonomics -> new fuel tank, lower seat & new fairing
- Revised bodywork -> shorter chassis, new boom & longer swingarm
- Optimized weight distribution -> plus in maneuverability & comfort
- New generation electronics -> innovative ACC & revised cornering MTC
- More intuitive 7″ TFT display -> optimal operability
- Revised combination switches, improved connectivity unit
- Improved LC8 engine with 1301 cm3 -> 160 hp & 138 Nm
- Latest generation semi-active chassis
- Redesigned optional technologies -> Suspension Pro, Rally Pack & Tech Pack
- 4 Außentaschen, davon 2 wasserdicht
- 2 Innentaschen, davon eine am Innenfutter
- Wasserdichte, winddicht, atmungsaktive durch GoreTex-Membran
- Ärmel-, Taillen- und Handgelenksweitenverstellung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-09-17 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API