Rumors of an upcoming Honda CBR600RR have been around for a long time. Now “Honda Japan” has released a video out of nowhere in which the upcoming superbike can be seen in all its glory. Nothing is hidden, only information is held back.
The new Honda CBR600RR gets a slim headlight design and is visually very similar to the big sister CBR1000RR-R. The little sister also gets the HRC paintwork. There are small winglets on the sides, which improve the aerodynamics and should provide more contact pressure at the front. Behind the windshield there is a completely new TFT display that replaces the analog speedometer.
The silencer is still designed as an under-seat exhaust. The wheels also seem to have been taken over unchanged.
There is as yet no information about performance data or equipment. However, rumors recently said that it should get some updates. But it was also said that it should be the last update for the CBR600RR series before it is completely discontinued.
The reason given is that the model disappeared from the European market with the introduction of Euro4. Honda did not consider it profitable to upgrade the CBR to Euro4.
But what does that mean for the new Honda CBR600RR? If it really is the last update, then a release in Europe is extremely unlikely. It would make no sense to prepare the motorcycle for Euro5 just to stop building the model afterwards, on the grounds that preparing a 600cc for current emission standards would no longer be worthwhile. That would contradict each other.
So if it is a more visual update and the technology has only been slightly revised, then the new CBR600RR will certainly not go on sale worldwide. However, if it even meets the existing Euro5 standard, it will probably not be the last CBR600RR, because it will certainly take some time before the introduction of Euro6 and one would already have a Euro5-compliant technology. So why no further updates of the superbike?
The YouTube video is titled “Awaken the Race”
The following text can be found in the video description:
“The machine and the human body can become one. When everything is under control, victory will be yours. Light the fire inside, that fuels the racing spirit. That’s when you’ll be ready to start. “
We will probably find out more at the presentation on August 21, 2020. So far it is not clear how much the model has been revised and whether it will really also come to the European market.
- Puig präsentiert offiziell seine Querruder Linie "Downforce" für den 1000 ccm-Sport.
- Puig stellt Ihnen die neuesten aerodynamischen Innovationen aus dem Wettbewerb zur Verfügung, die bemerkenswerte Verbesserungen bei der Leistung und beim Fahren Ihres Sports bringen.
- In mehreren Kreisläufen getestet, wurde seine Wirksamkeit durch die Verbesserung des Griffs des Vorderrades beim Bremsen, der durch den Abwärtseffekt, die größere Stabilität bei Geraden und...
- Leicht und mit einer aggressiven Ästhetik wird jedes Modell mit zwei zweifarbigen "Winglets" geliefert, um sie an Ihren Geschmack anzupassen und für maximale Personalisierung zu sorgen.
- Bisher verfügbare Modelle: Kawasaki ZX10R 16'-19', Honda CBR1000RR 17'-18', Yamaha R1 15'-18', Suzuki GSX-R1000 17'-18' y BMW S1000RR 15'-18'.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2020-06-03 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API