The new edition of the Adventure Sport Bikes for 2020 was presented at the Eicma. It should be radically lighter and more agile. It should master the balancing act between long-distance performance and sportiness.
“It is always difficult to beat a multiple test winner like the S 1000 XR with the successor. We went to great lengths and adjusted many large and small screws to make the XR a little better everywhere. “Ralf Mölleken, Project Manager for the Complete Vehicle
The engine has been newly developed and is based on the engine of the S 1000 RR. It delivers 121 kW (164.5 PS – 162.3 hp) at 11,000 rpm and 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm. The usable speed range is particularly wide due to the particularly linear torque curve.
The gear ratio has been adjusted, the 4th, 5th and 6th gear is now longer. In addition to the smooth-running anti-hopping clutch, there is now also a motor-drag torque control (MSR) electronically controlled prevents slippage of the rear wheel (abrupt deceleration and backshift).
The new drive saves 5 kg in weight.
The frame and swingarm became 2.1 kg lighter. The engine is used more as a supporting part. The new two-arm swingarm reduces the unsprung masses by 1.6 kg and was directly articulated.
As standard, the electronic suspension motorcycle Dynamic ESA from the latest generation is installed. As an option, there are Dynamic ESA Pro with two damping modes (Road / Dynamic) and automatic load compensation.
During braking maneuvers the Dynamic Brake Assist DBC (Dynamic Brace Control) supports
Four driving modes are available, Rain, Road, Dynamic and Dynamic Pro. The latter mode is fully configurable. Throttle, engine brake, ABS control, traction control and wheelie control (new) can be set separately.
ABS Pro provides more safety when braking in an inclined position.
The instrument cluster has been completely redeveloped. The range of functions has been expanded and special attention has been paid to readability, even under difficult conditions.
For the Lights is use the latest LED technology, only in the US version, there are no front LED indicators. Optional is Headlight Pro. It includes an adaptive cornering light and a daytime running light.
If you want more, one can order LED auxiliary lights ex works.
The new layout of the main frame, tank sides and body panels in the seating area provide improved knee closure. The “ergonomic triangle” between handlebar ends, seat and footpegs has been redefined.
There are two selectable colors, Ice Gray and Racingred / White Aluminum (surcharge).
The highlights of the new BMW S 1000 XR:
- 5 kg lighter, newly developed four-cylinder in-line engine based on the S 1000 RR with further optimized midrange power and drivability and new gearbox grading in the 4th – 6th gears
- Superb power and torque range: 121 kW (165 hp) at 11,000 rpm and 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm.
- Energy-saving, linear torque curve: Even better driveability over the entire speed range.
- Newly developed chassis with “Flex Frame”, in which the engine takes on a stronger supporting function.
- Significantly improved ergonomics thanks to the “Flex Frame”.
- Dynamic ESA standard and Dynamic ESA Pro with two damping modes (Road, Dynamic) and automatic load compensation as optional extras.
- New, 19% lighter swingarm with directly hinged strut for even more responsive response.
- Dynamic Brake Assist DBC Dynamic Brake Control.
- Weight reduction of 10 kg to 226 kg (adjusted for equipment) compared to the predecessor model.
- New, lighter exhaust system, EU5 compliant.
- New 6-axis sensor box.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC as standard.
- DTC wheelie function as standard.
- Engine drag torque control MSR and engine brake function as standard.
- ABS Pro for even more safety when braking, also in an inclined position, as standard. Own rain brake mode with a flat brake pressure gradient.
- Four driving modes “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic” and “Dynamic Pro” as standard.
- Hillstart Control Pro as standard.
- Switching Assistant Pro for quick upshifting and downshifting without clutch as optional equipment ex factory.
- Electronic speed control as optional equipment ex factory.
- New instrument cluster with 6.5-inch, superbly readable TFT display and four screen displays.
- LED lighting units all around.
- Flashing lights with new “Comfort flashing” function.
- Adaptive headlights incl. DRL in Headlight Pro as optional equipment ex factory.
- Completely redesigned body sizes for an even more dynamic styling, optimized aerodynamics and even better wind and weather protection.
- To start, two colors: Ice Gray and Racingred / White Aluminum (extra charge).
- Extension of the original BMW motorcycle accessories and optional extras ex works
- Case holder (decoupled) in series.
- Erhöht die Lebensdauer Ihrer Motorradkette und Kettenrads um bis das siebenfache.
- Verbessert die Leistung.
- Reduziert deutlich die Wartung der Motorradkette.
- Sie sparen Zeit, Geld und Nerven.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-05-29 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API