BMW promises numerous innovations for the new R 1250 GS and 1250 GS Adventure for the 40th anniversary of the GS series.
Euro 5 compliant
The well-known two-cylinder boxer engine has a displacement of 1,254cc and produces 100 kW or 136 hp in compliance with the Euro5 standard. BMW ShiftCam technology ensures that the valve timing and valve lift can be varied, providing sufficient power over the entire speed range, smooth running, smooth performance and excellent fuel consumption and emission values.
New features of the 2021 GS models
Dynamic Traction Control is standard. The new “Eco” driving mode has now been integrated as standard and is designed to ensure low fuel consumption. Optional is the driving mode Pro which also includes an engine drag torque control. This helps to avoid unstable driving conditions that could arise during overrunning due to a braking process or when shifting down.
A new feature is a drive mode preselection function that allows the driver to set drive modes on different buttons. This allows an easy and quick change of modes while driving.
Also integrated as standard is BMW Integral ABS Pro, an enhanced ABS system that also takes the lean angle into account. The expansion of the driving mode concept adds even more functions, such as the extended adaptation of the ABS control characteristics to the respective driving mode.
Hill Start Control as a standard feature makes starting uphill easier. A Pro version is available as an option, which is intended to provide even more noticeable comfort.
Two different power sockets are standard on board. One is a 12-volt on-board voltage socket and the other is a USB-A socket with 5 volts.
Optional is the seat heating for driver and pillion passenger, which offers a more comfortable handling due to a modified operating concept.
New lighting functions
As with the small BMW G 310 GS, the lighting in the large models is converted to LED technology. As an optional extra, “adaptive bend lighting”, a system is offered which turns the headlamp into the curve depending on the inclined position.
A further optional equipment enables the lighting functions “Welcome”, “Good bye” and “Follwo me home”. By ordering the “Cruising Light” package, the two front indicator are controlled so that they shine permanently dimmed. Depending on which market the motorcycle is intended for, the rear turn signals are also changed so that they can emit a red brake light or tail light in addition to the yellow turn signal.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve timing and valve lift on the intake side.
- Powerful acceleration over the entire speed range, exemplary fuel consumption and emission values as well as smooth and quiet running.
- Power and torque: 100 kW (136 HP) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6 250 rpm.
- Knock sensor technology for optimized suitability for travel.
- New BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard – Three driving modes as standard.
- New “Eco” driving mode for particularly economical driving as standard.
- Driving Modes Pro with additional driving modes and new driving mode preselection as well as engine drag torque control (MSR) as optional ex-works equipment.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- Electronic chassis Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with extended function as an optional extra ex works.
- New full-LED headlamp with adaptive bend lighting as an optional extra ex works.
- New light functions, Cruising Light and function-integrated indicators as optional ex-works equipment.
- On-board voltage and USB socket as standard.
- Seat heating for driver and pillion rider for sharpened travel and touring suitability as an optional extra ex works.
- Handlebar heightening by 30 mm as optional ex-works equipment.
- In addition to standard seat height adjustment, a wide range of seat height variants is available ex works.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument combination with 6.5-inch full-color TFT display and numerous features as standard equipment on R 1250 GS.
- Intelligent emergency call as optional ex-works equipment.
- One attractive basic color each, and the two Style variants Style Triple Black and Style Rallye as optional ex-works equipment.
- Anniversary edition “40 Years GS”.
- Extended range of optional extras and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-12-07 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API