Yesterday, Sunday, the second day of testing of the MotoGP took place in Qatar. The field seems to be quite balanced and the time gaps were accordingly small. 13 riders were within one second.
Fastest on the second day of testing was Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) who had some difficulties the day before. He was followed by Jack Miller on Ducati, Aleix Espargaro on Aprilia, Franco Morbidelli on Petronas Yamaha and Stefan Bradl on Honda. From this alone you can see how well mixed the field is and you can hope for a very exciting season.
New Holeshot device
Of course, new technical developments were also tested. Aprilia, Honda and Ducati have further developed the Holeshot device. Previously, only the rear was compressed for the start to be able to accelerate as quickly as possible. The three teams have applied a compression now also on the front wheel. This is intended to improve acceleration once again and counteract a wheelie tendency.
What else the teams tested
Yamaha tested a new carbon swingarm and chassis. Ducati experimented with new aerodynamic elements behind the front wheel. Aprilia also tested two aerodynamic packages. One had classic winglets on the sides. The second package featured a prominent front wing. To commemorate the team boss who died of Covid-19, on the wing was the inscription “Fausto”.
Honda tested three different chassis. Once the version from last year, a chassis with carbon reinforcement, which Bradl also tested last year and a completely new version.
Suzuki also had a new chassis and a new swingarm. For the two riders Mir and Rins it was primarily about the test work and not about the fastest lap times, but they still made it into the top 10.
Results from Sunday:
Pos. / Rider / Team / Time or lag / Laps
- 1 Fabio Quartararo Yamaha 1:53,940 Minuten 59
- 2 Jack Miller Ducati +0,077 Sekunden 57
- 3 Aleix Espargaro Gresini-Aprilia +0,212 69
- 4 Franco Morbidelli Petronas-Yamaha +0,213 63
- 5 Stefan Bradl Honda +0,270 61
- 6 Johann Zarco Pramac-Ducati +0,416 55
- 7 Maverick Vinales Yamaha +0,455 66
- 8 Joan Mir Suzuki +0,575 48
- 9 Francesco Bagnaia Ducati +0,711 48
- 10 Alex Rins Suzuki +0,718 49
- 11 Miguel Oliveira KTM +0,726 47
- 12 Pol Espargaro Honda +0,733 62
- 13 Takaaki Nakagami LCR-Honda +0,750 60
- 14 Alex Marquez LCR-Honda +1,012 53
- 15 Yamaha-Testfahrer 1 Yamaha +1,366 35
- 16 Enea Bastianini Esponsorama-Ducati +1,546 45
- 17 Lorenzo Savadori Gresini-Aprilia +1,630 41
- 18 Luca Marini Esponsorama-Ducati +1,665 48
- 19 Jorge Martin Pramac-Ducati +1,692 36
- 20 Valentino Rossi Petronas-Yamaha +1,768 50
- 21 Danilo Pretrucci Tech-3-KTM +1,855 51
- 22 Yamaha-Testfahrer 2 Yamaha +1,927 20
- 23 Iker Lecuona Tech-3-KTM +1,933 38
- 24 Africa Brad Binder KTM +2,004 41
- 25 Dani Pedrosa KTM +2,512 53
- 26 Sylvain Guintoli Suzuki +2,822 45
- 27 Michele Pirro Ducati +3,955 20
- 28 Takuya Tsuda Suzuki +4,970 25
- 29 Yamaha-Testfahrer 3 Yamaha keine Zeit
- Kopf-an-Kopf-Rennen mit Fahrerlegenden wie Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainey, Casey Stoner oder Dani Pedrosa
- Erleben Sie eine noch realistischere Fahrphysik, atemberaubende Grafik, neue Fahrermodelle und vieles mehr!
- Nutzen Sie die unterschiedlichen Grafikeditoren um Ihren eigenen Style zu kreieren
- Erhalten Sie bei Vorbestellung der VIP Edition den Amazon exklusiven Vip-DLC als Code dazu.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-09-19 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API