The MotoGP race at Silverstone came up with some surprises. Valentino Rossi had a good qualifying and was allowed to start from second place into the race. He was able to hold this place after the start. Marc Marquez led the field. Alex Rins was third.
MotoGP: Heavy starting accident – extremely tight finish
In the Copse Corner Fabio Quartararo slipped away with his Petronas Yamaha on the corner exit. Directly in front of Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati), who had no chance to dodge. Dovi hit the Yamaha, which was sliding over the ground, which catapulted the Ducati up. The Yamaha acted literally as a ski jump.
Dovizioso was hurled by the Ducati and hit hard on the track. He remained motionless for the first time and had to be carried away with a stretcher. The Ducati even went up in flames, but could be extinguished quickly.
A little later, Dovi was standing on his own legs at the track. However, he had to be supported and hobbled strong. Accurate information about his health is not yet known. He was taken to a hospital for further investigation.
The race was not canceled. Rossi lost his second place to Rins. In the seventh round Vinales was able to pass his team mate and take the third palce.
Marquez (Honda) and Rins (Suzuki) led the race until the final stages in this order. Then Rins could show himself a few times and in between take the lead for a short time. Marquez had to fight extremely hard with degrading tires, but also Rins already had a few slides. His tires seemed to be a little better.
At the end of the last lap, Rins was able to sting in, beating Marc Marquez on the finish line by just 0.013 seconds. Rins claimed his second victory in MotoGP.
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
- 1 25 #42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 176.0 40’12.799
- 2 20 #93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 176.0 +0.013
- 3 16 #12 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 176.0 +0.620
- 4 13 #46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 175.2 +11.439
- 5 11 #21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA Petronas Yamaha SRT Yamaha 175.1 +13.109
- 6 10 #35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda 174.6 +19.169
- 7 9 #9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 174.6 +19.682
- 8 8 #43 Jack MILLER AUS Pramac Racing Ducati 174.5 +20.318
- 9 7 #44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM 174.5 +21.079
- 10 6 #29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 174.2 +25.144
- 11 5 #63 Francesco BAGNAIA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 173.1 +40.317
- 12 4 #50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 172.8 +45.478
- 13 3 #55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Red Bull KTM Tech 3 KTM 172.1 +54.783
- 14 2 #99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 172.0 +56.651
- 15 1 #17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Reale Avintia Racing Ducati 169.7 +1’29.282
- 16 #53 Tito RABAT SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati 169.6 +1’31.716
- 17 #30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda 169.0 +1’40.420
- #41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 171.7 1 Lap
- #88 Miguel OLIVEIRA POR Red Bull KTM Tech 3 KTM 173.7 12 Laps
- #5 Johann ZARCO FRA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM 173.6 12 Laps
Not Finished 1st Lap
- #20 Fabio QUARTARARO FRA Petronas Yamaha SRT Yamaha 0 Lap
- #4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 0 Lap
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2019-08-25 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API