Maverick Vinales will not take part in this weekend’s race at the Red Bull Ring in Austria as he has been suspended by Yamaha. A replacement rider will not compete.
Trying to destroy the engine?
Yamaha announced Thursday afternoon that they have withdrawn the nomination for Vinales for the AustrianGP. The reason given is “an unexplained, irregular operation of the motorcycle by the rider, during the last MotoGP race”.
Behind the somewhat difficult wording are alleged attempts by Vinales to ruin the Yamaha’s engine. He is said to have repeatedly chased the engine into the rev limiter in the last two laps of the last race, as well as on the way to the pits. The M1 engine could have been damaged as a result. In the worst case, the engine could blow up, which would have led to a loss of oil and a significant risk of crashing for Vinales himself, but also for other riders.
What happens next?
How it will continue between Vinales and Yamaha is currently still open. The factory contract, which was originally valid for 2022, was terminated some time ago at Vinales’ request.
- Vorbestellerbonus - Jetzt MotoGP 21 für die PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X oder PC vorbestellen und den DLC „MotoGP - Limited Edition Liveries“ erhalten.
- Die MotoGP 21-Saison so mitreißend wie nie zuvor
- Verfolge deine Karriere und werde zum Held der MotoGP-Meisterschaft
- Baue dein eigenes MotoGP-Team auf und triff wichtige Entscheidungen
- Passe deinen Fahrer und dein Motorrad an und zeige allen, wer neben dem besten Fahrstil auch den coolsten Style hat
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-20 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API