Many are eagerly awaiting a new supersports bike from KTM. Even though the Austrian manufacturer has now presented a corresponding bike, a bittersweet taste remains.
The KTM RC8 C is a real race bike that is also not street legal and is only intended for the racetrack. In addition, it is sold only 100 times. Fans must therefore continue to wait for a new KTM supersports bike. Perhaps the RC8 C will at least increase the chances of this happening a little, since KTM actually announced years ago that they no longer wanted to bring a supersports bike for the road onto the market.
Hand-built, radical race bike
Each of the 100 examples is built by hand. Propulsion is provided by the 889cc LC8c DOHC inline-2 cylinder familiar from the KTM 890 Duke R. It produces 128 PS and has been transplanted into a hand-built trellis frame specially designed for the racetrack.
The fairing is made of a GRP-reinforced Kevlar fabric. The suspension elements come from WP. At the front works the Apex Pro 7543, a closed-cartridge fork with 43 mm inside diameter. At the rear, the Apex Pro 7746 shock absorber was chosen.
All components are designed for race track performance. The fuel tank has a quick-release cap and the fairing is also attached with quick-release fasteners. The Dymag aluminum wheels are factory-fitted with Pirelli SC1 racing slicks.
Braking is done at the front with Brembo Stylema calipers, which are allowed to bite into floating 290mm brake discs. In addition, a Brembo 19 RCS Corsa Corta radial pump was also installed. This allows the engagement point of the brake to be determined via just one screw and thus allows the brake to be adapted even better to one’s own needs.
Driving data is recorded via an AIM MXS 1.2 Race instrument cluster and a data logger with integrated GPS function. The display and also the data recording are handled by a 5-inch TFT display. The dry weight is stated at 140 kg.
Sale only online
Those who want to get hold of one of the rare pieces can only get it online. On June 22 at 4 p.m. (CET), pre-orders will be unlocked on ktm.com. For 25 customers, there will also be the opportunity to take part in a special race track event and get tips directly from Dani Pedrosa and Mika Kallio. In addition, there is a special race track package on top.
This package includes:
- Extra set of Dymag wheels (Front and Rear)
- Extras set of front and rear brake discs
- Front and rear paddock stands
- Tire warmers
- KTM Race carpet
The highlights of the KTM RC 8C at a glance:
- Limited to only 100 units worldwide
- Hand built exclusively for track use
- 128 Hp, 140 kg dry weight, near 1:1 power/weight ratio
- Dedicated racing exhaust with Akrapovič titanium muffler
- Dedicated air box and racing air filter
- Bespoke frame made with 25CrMo4 steel tubular
- WP APEX PRO components fork and rear shock
- Race-spec Brembo brake components
- Ultra-light aluminum Dymag wheels
- in tri-composite-pim-faser (premium integrated matrix) zur verbesserung der festigkeit und leichtigkeit des helms bei einem gewicht von 1300 g +/- 50 der sicherste doppel-d-schnallenverschluss heute...
- Passform: Universal Fit
- Part number: R-PHA-11_CAR-MC1_L
- Besonderheiten: Anti-Fog Visier
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-24 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API