KTM has revised the 890 Adventure for 2023, offering some technical improvements and visual tweaks in addition to a lower seat height.
Engine and performance of the KTM 890 Adventure 2023
The familiar 899cc LC8 engine has been retained unchanged. It remains at 105 hp at 8,000 rpm and 100 Nm at 6,500 rpm. Ride-by-wire and various riding modes mean that suitable and controllable power can always be called up in all conditions.
A new aluminum guard has been fitted for the engine and fuel tank.
Optical changes for 2023
KTM talks about a lowered seat height, which should enhance the positive influence of the slim 20-liter tank on ergonomics. The normal seat offers a seat height of 825 mm, but a lowering kit can save another 25 mm (then 800 mm). Seat comfort is also said to have been enhanced by a new foam construction.
The headlight mask between the front and the fuel tank has been integrated into the fairing, which should increase safety and also provide space for larger GPS devices. The fairing on the fuel tank has been widened and the seat is better protected by a modified side fairing.
The windshield has been raised for better wind protection. One has been inspired here by the KTM 450 Rally Replica. Incidentally, this of course also increases comfort. A certain amount of rain protection is also provided by the slimmer front mudguard, which is also said to offer excellent aerodynamics.
New suspension settings
The 43 mm WP APEX fork is now adjustable for rebound and compression. Adjustment is made via overhead caps. The APEX suspension strut also now offers new adjustment options, especially for riding in more difficult terrain.
The first tires fitted ex works are now Pirelli Scorpion STR.
Technical changes to the KTM 890 Adventure 2023
A 6D sensor works together with a new ABS module to always deliver full braking power, even in the most varied scenarios. Of course, the various riding modes have been adapted to the new ABS. Off-road ABS (ABS deactivated on the rear wheel and reduced on the front wheel) is now automatically activated in Off-road or Rally riding modes.
The Street, Offroad and Rain modes are integrated as standard, while the Rally riding mode is offered as an option. As with the new 790 Duke, however, KTM offers the option of testing the full range of riding assistants over a ride distance of max. 1,500 km, and then deciding whether to activate the optional riding modes for a fee.
The 5-inch TFT display has also been redesigned and is now more scratch-resistant thanks to the mineral laminated glass and offers better glare protection. The menus and infographics have been redesigned, which should make it easier to set the riding modes. Synchronization with the KTM connect app has also been improved.
A combination switch with hazard warning light switch is new.
Original parts ex works
KTM offers a wide variety of power parts for the 890 Adventure 2023. Anyone who wants to further improve protection or comfort will find what they are looking for here.
Technical highlights of the KTM 890 ADVENTURE 2023:
- Refreshed ergonomics and revised bodywork for greater protection and comfort
- Lightweight, race-proven chassis with perfect balance between performance and practical comfort
- Revised WP suspension settings and adjusters for better responsiveness and relaxed long-distance riding
- Optimized touring capability: better TFT menus, app options, revised riding modes, higher windshield and versatile, comfortable two-piece seat
- Off-road-oriented PIRELLI SCORPION STR tires.
- Two new color options and new, sportier design
ENGINE (LIQUID COOLED)
- ENGINE TYPE 2 cylinders, 4 stroke, Parallel twin
- DISPLACEMENT 889 cc
- BORE/STROKE 90.7 / 68.8mm
- POWER 77 kW (105 hp) @ 8,000 rpm
- TORQUE 100 Nm @ 6,500 rpm
- COMPRESSION RATIO 13.5:1
- STARTER / BATTERY Electric / 12V 10Ah
- TRANSMISSION 6 gears
- FUEL SYSTEM DKK Dell’Orto (Throttle body 46mm)
- CONTROL 4 valves per cylinder / DOHC
- LUBRICATION Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- ENGINE OIL Motorex, Power Synth SAE 10W-50
- PRIMARY DRIVE 39:75
- FINAL DRIVE 45:16
- COOLING Liquid cooled with water / oil heat exchanger
- CLUTCH Cable operated PASC Slipper clutch
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT / IGNITION Bosch EMS with RBW
- TRACTION CONTROL MTC (lean angle sensitive, 3-mode, disengageable, rally mode opt.)
- CO2 110 g / km
- FUEL CONSUMPTION 4.5 l / 100km
- FRAME Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel frame using the engine as stressed element, powder coated
- SUBFRAME Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel trellis, powder coated
- HANDLEBAR Aluminum, tapered, Ø 28 / 22 mm
- FRONT SUSPENSION / ADJUSTABILITY WP APEX 43 / Compression and rebound
- REAR SUSPENSION / ADJUSTABILITY WP APEX Monoshock / Preload and rebound
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT / REAR 200 / 200 mm
- FRONT BRAKE 2 × radially mounted 4 piston caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
- REAR BRAKE 2 piston floating caliper, brake disc Ø 260 mm
- ABS Bosch 9.3 MP (incl. Cornering-ABS and off-road mode, disengageable)
- WHEELS FRONT / REAR Spoked wheels with aluminium rims, 2.50 × 21″; 4.50 × 18″
- TYRES FRONT / REAR 90/90-21″; 150/70-18″
- CHAIN X-Ring 520
- SILENCER Stainless steel primary and secondary silencer
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE 64,1°
- TRAIL 107.8 mm
- WHEEL BASE 1,509 mm ± 15 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE 233 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT 840 / 860 mm
- TANK CAPACITY approx. 20 litres / 3 l reserve
- DRY WEIGHT approx. 196 kg
- WEIGHT (READY TO RIDE) approx. 200 kg
- WEIGHT (FULLY FUELED) approx. 215 kg
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Ian Hutchinson (Actor)
- North One (Director)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-12-01 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API