At the beginning of 2021, the KTM 790 Duke was replaced by the 890 model. For 2023, KTM is bringing back “The original Scalpel” – READY TO RACE.
Engine and performance
The 790 Duke continues to be super agile and focused on riding fun. Propulsion is provided by the familiar LC8c in-line two-cylinder with 799cc. It complies with Euro5 regulations and produces 95 hp and 87 Nm. This means that the engine meets the specifications for A2-compliant throttling to 48 hp, which would not be possible on the current 890 Duke R, as at 121 hp the output power would be too high for European A2-compliant throttling.
It is specifically designed for torque and is said to offer a perfect combination of controllable power and performance. Fuel consumption per 100 km is quoted at 4.4 liters.
Equipment of the KTM 790 Duke 2023
Three riding modes are available, Rain, Street and Sport. The settings affect throttle response and traction control. The traction control works depending on the lean angle. There’s also cornering ABS with a Supermoto mode (ABS on rear wheel deactivated), a color 5-inch TFT display and LED technology in the headlight (incl. daytime running lights) and taillight.
KTM describes the 790 Duke as the bike with the best and most advanced electronics package in the mid-range segment.
Optional features include a Qickshifter+, engine slip control, track riding mode for the racetrack, cruise control, tire pressure monitoring system and KTM MY RIDE connectivity for phone and music.
The software options are already installed at the factory, but must be unlocked. KTM offers the option of testing all software options over a maximum of 1,500 km, after which you can decide whether you want to unlock them for a fee.
The handlebar has a width of 810 mm and can be attached to the triple clamp in four positions. In addition, there is the possibility to turn in him three more steps to adjust the driving position perfectly to their own needs.
Who is often on the racetrack or generally like to drive with reverse shifting scheme (1st gear up, all other gears down) can change this without additional parts.
Availability and price
The KTM 790 Duke 2023 will be available at dealers from January and will be sold in Germany at a price of 8,999 euros (plus ancillary and transfer costs). The choice is between the classic orange or the gray-black variant.
KTM has already announced that it will be putting together special offers for the sales launch. During a certain period, there will be 0% financing, or a free software upgrade is also planned.
Technical data of the KTM 790 Duke 2023
- LC8C inline twin cylinder with 799cc
- 8 valve DOHC cylinder head
- forged camshafts, DLC coated cam followers, steel valves
- 95 HP (70 kW) and 87 Nm
- A2 compliant throttling down to 48 hp possible, then 76 Nm
- Consumption per 100 km – 4.4 liters
- Three riding modes – Rain, Street and Sport
- Lean angle dependent traction control
- Cornering ABS with a Supermoto mode
- 5-inch color TFT display
- LED technology in headlight and tail light
- WP Suspension 43mm open-cartridge upside-down fork with compression and rebound damping and progressive fork springs
- WP shock with preload adjustment and progressive spring
- 300mm dual disc brakes and radial 4-piston fixed calipers
- adjustable handbrake levers
- 14.3 liter fuel tank
- Reversible shifting scheme without additional parts
- seat height 825 mm
- KTM 790 Duke 2023 Price in Germany: 8,999 euros (plus ancillary and transfer costs)
- Engine slip control
- Track driving mode for the race track
- cruise control
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- KTM MY RIDE connection for phone and music
- Steering damper
- Optional seat for a seat height of 805 mm
- TORQUE 87 Nm
- TRANSMISSION 6 gears
- COOLING Liquid cooled with water-oil heat exchanger
- POWER IN KW 70 kW
- STARTER Electric starter
- STROKE 65.7 mm
- BORE 88 mm
- CLUTCH PASC(TM) antihopping clutch, mechanically operated
- CO2 EMISSION 108 g/km
- STROKE SPACING 799 cm³
- EMS Bosch EMS with RBW
- TYPE 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line engine
- FUEL CONSUMPTION 4.6 l/100 km
- LUBRICATION Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- TANK CONTAINMENT (CA.) 14 l
- DIAMETER FRONT BRAKE DISC 300 mm
- DIAMETER REAR BRAKE DISC 240 mm
- BRAKE FRONT 2x radially mounted four-piston caliper
- BRAKE REAR 2-piston caliper, brake disc
- CHAIN 520 X-Ring
- DRY WEIGHT 169 kg
- FRAMEWORK TYPE chrome molybdenum steel frame, engine is structural part, powder coated
- FRONT SUSPENSION WP APEX 43
- FLOOR SPACING 186 mm
- REAR SUSPENSION WP APEX Monoshock
- SEAT HEIGHT 825 mm
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE 66 °
- SPRING WAY FRONT 140 mm
- SPRING WAY REAR 150 mm
- Detaillierter Modellbausatz im Maßstab 1:12
- Der qualitativ hochwertige Bausatz von TAMIYA muss in Eigenregie montiert werden.
- Der selbstständige Aufbau wird mithilfe einer Schritt für Schritt bzw. bebilderten Aufbauanleitung begleitet. Die Aufbauanleitung ist selbstverständlich im Lieferumfang enthalten.
- Auf Basis der Aufbauanleitung müssen die passgenauen Einzelteile zusammengefügt werden. Eine Lackierung der Teile kann nach eigenen Vorstellungen vorgenommen werden.
- Werkzeug, Klebstoff und Farben sind im Lieferumfang des Plastikbausatzes nicht enthalten. Diese müssen optional erworben werden.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-12-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API