After being completely redesigned in 2020, the 1290 Super Duke R gets an update for 2022 and an upgraded version in the form of the EVO.
KTM 1290 Super Duke R EVO
The KTM 1290 Super Duke R EVO is based on the R version, but has been upgraded with additional technical features. It has been equipped with a semi-active suspension system. At the push of a button, the suspension can be changed from a street set-up to a race track set-up. A total of three different damping modes are available: Comfort, Street and Sport. In addition, the rear spring preload can be adjusted in 10 stages. The settings are made via the TFT display.
Those who want even more setting options can order the optional PRO package. It also offers Track, Advanced and Auto modes.
– Track offers the hardest tuning and is intended for the racetrack and particularly fast tracks.
– Advanced offers an 8-way setting for fork and shock damping.
– Auto offers the most intelligent damping mode and automatically adjusts for different riding styles. In the city, for example, it offers soft and comfortable damping. When driving fast on mountain passes, it adjusts harder for a more aggressive driving style. The automatic adjustments are said to be imperceptible.
Suspension Pro (included in the Pro package) also affects the preload leveling adjustment. This automatically adjusts the preload to the rider’s weight and offers three different geometries.
– Auto-Standard offers a balanced geometry
– Auto-Low offers a relaxed, less aggressive and more comfortable geometry with a low seat height
– Auto-High offers an aggressive, agile and front-wheel oriented geometry for the race track.
In addition to the geometry changes, Suspension Pro also prevents the front wheel from diving under hard braking, known as the anti-diving function, although this can also be deactivated.
Short-stroke throttle twist grip
A new feature is a short-stroke throttle twist grip, which has been reduced by 7 degrees to 65 degrees. This is supposed to make throttle response even more direct. It is also intended to relieve the strain on the rider’s wrist.
The output of the V2 with 1,301 cc remains unchanged at 180 PS and 140 Nm. The familiar blue-orange color scheme is supplemented by a version in silver and orange. It has not yet been announced when the new Super Duke R and Super Duke R EVO will be available. KTM is only talking about “soon” here. They are also still holding back on the price.
- Verwendetes Material: Außenmaterial: 75% Polyester 25% Nylon. Innenfutter : 100% Polyester
- Eingenähte Aramidverstärkungen am Rücken, Schulter und Ellbogen - herausnehmbare Protektoren an Schulter und Ellenbogen.
- Herausnehmbarer Soft-Foam-Protektor im Rücken - 2 Außentaschen
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-12-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API