The road closure (for motorcycles) at the Kesselberg is to be extended. Starting in April, the route will be closed for seven hours daily – again, of course, only for motorcycles.
One-sided closure at the weekend will be extended
Already since 1978, the Kesselbergstraße (Bavaria / Germany) was closed on weekends and holidays in one direction for bikers. Since 2016, so-called guardrails had also been installed there to prevent motorcyclists from crossing the center of the road and thus overtaking.
Now it has been announced that the route near Kochel am See will also be closed to motorcyclists on weekdays. During the period from April 1 to October 31, the uphill road will be closed daily for a period of seven hours. The closure will apply from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., which is probably the time when most motorcyclists are on the road. These times will also apply on weekends in the future.
Time of most accidents
This is a joint decision by the traffic authority, the police and the State Construction Office. The mayor of the municipality of Kochel am See was also involved: “30 accidents a year, some of them very serious, are 30 accidents too many and therefore something urgently needs to happen on the Kesselberg”.
An analysis of previous accidents on the route showed that 78 percent of accidents involving motorcycles occurred between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m., which is why this time window was chosen. 91 percent of serious accidents are said to have been caused by motorcyclists.
Georg Fischhaber, the head of the traffic authority at the district office, considers the closure to be proportionate.
New closure on trial basis
The extension of the closure will be introduced on 04/01/2023 and will then apply until October 31, 2024 (with the exception of the off-season 2023/2024). This is referred to as a trial period to test how the new closure affects accident figures.
- Mit zwei 2,5 cm (1 Zoll) CMOS-Sensoren, die zusammen mit Leica entwickelt wurden, um unschlagbare 6K 360-Grad-Videos und 21MP 360 Fotos mit minimalem Rauschen und maximaler Klarheit aufzunehmen, um...
- Für Menschen, die ihre Videos und Fotos auf die nächste Ebene bringen möchten. Die Insta360 ONE RS 1 Zoll 360 Edition ist eine Verbraucher 360 Kamera, die unvergleichliche Bildqualität und...
- In Zusammenarbeit mit Leica hergestellt, um seine legendäre Expertise in optischem Design und modernster Bildgebung auf 360 Kameras zu bringen
- FlowState 6-Achsen-Stabilisierung und ein proprietärer Bildstabilisationsalgorithmus kommen zusammen mit dem IPX3-wasserdichten Körper, um unglaublich glatte Videos zu liefern, egal welche...
- Kit beinhaltet: Insta360 ONE RS 1 Zoll Camera Edition (360 Leica Kamera, One RS Core und vertikale 1350 mAh Akkubasis)
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-06-03 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API