With the 890 Adventure, KTM is launching a new model for 2020, which carries the Ready to Race DNA and is supposed to have the light and sporty characteristics expected from an Adventure motorcycle. At the same time, it should be convincing both on and off the road.
More engine capacity, more power
With the new and compact 889 cc engine, the Adventure’s performance increases to 105 hp and 100 Nm, in compliance with the Euro5 standard.
The clutch has also been adapted to the increased performance.
A 20% increase in the rotating masses on the crankshaft is intended to give a better feeling for the motorcycle in the lower speed range and allow for improved traction in curves.
The new WP APEX damper at the rear can be adjusted in rebound and spring preload. For driving on unpaved surfaces, the 890 Adventure offers 200 mm of suspension travel and Dakar-inspired ergonomics. The seat is adjustable in two stages.
The 20 liter tank is sufficient for extended trips and the KTM MY RIDE navigation should help you to really reach your destination. The tires are also designed for adventure rides.
Technical assistance systems include curve-dependent ABS, traction control and engine slip control. Cruise control, quickshifter+, seat heating, as well as heated handles and a large selection of luggage are available as options.
Highlights of the KTM 890 Adventure:
- New engine with 90 cc added displacement
- Improved performance with 105 hp & 100 Nm (Euro5)
- Better rideability thanks to 20% increased rotating mass
- Stronger clutch adapted to increased performance
- Engine knock control system (use of low Octane fuel)
- High-quality WP suspension components & new rear shock
- Reworked front & rear brakes for added control
- Improved ABS & MTC settings
- Anodized wheel hubs instead of powder coated
- Handlebar switch with Cruise Control button (software additional)
- Weight optimization thanks to compact motor & fuel tank
- Slim profile, refined ergonomics & new graphics
- Travel-ready with two-part, adjustable seat & low fender
- Smartphone connectivity giving access to music, calls
- Optional KTM MY RIDE app for turn-by-turn navigation
Joachim Sauer, KTM Product Manager Travel: “With the development of the new KTM 890 ADVENTURE we hit all our marks by offering an upgraded machine for both road and gravel riding. With the new engine we worked a lot on optimizing the overall performance and feeling while out riding. The result is a big improvement in the bike’s rideability, better stability, less gear shifting and added comfort for the long days on the saddle. With the KTM 890 ADVENTURE we wanted a KTM that sets the benchmark through its performance on the tarmac while being able to veer offroad and keep the same high standards. As a true KTM ADVENTURE, this is a great machine to adventure everywhere.”
- reißfeste DUPONT KEVLAR FASERN
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-10-18 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API