Strategic collaboration to put even more e-motorcycles on the road
The two industry leaders, Zero Motorcycles and Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc (IMI), have joined forces to better serve the growing demand for all-electric motorcycles in existing and new markets. Zero Motorcycles is a leading electric motorcycle and powertrain manufacturer based in Santa Cruz, Calif. IMI is a Philippine company specializing in electronics manufacturing.
Manufacturing centers in California and the Philippines
The two companies have agreed to a strategic manufacturing partnership in which IMI will assemble electric motorcycles and assemblies of Zero Motorcycles models in Laguna, Philippines. The manufacturing will be done in collaboration with Zero’s facilities in Scott’s Valley, California. The modular assemblies and finished motorcycles produced by IMI will be destined for Zero customers and dealers worldwide, with a focus on the European and Asian markets.
Complete assembly and subassemblies in one
Manufacturing will include both complete assembly of the motorcycles and modular sub-assemblies that will be completed along with the battery module and vehicle electronics by Zero manufacturing teams. The partnership with IMI was chosen because of their expertise in electronics manufacturing and motorcycle assembly. In addition, Ayala Corporation, IMI’s parent company, has made significant progress toward sustainability, which could open up further potential synergies with Zero Motorcycles in the future.
More e-motorcycles to meet growing demand
Sam Paschel, CEO of Zero Motorcycles, expressed his excitement about the collaboration with IMI, “We are very excited to bring IMI’s expertise in electronics manufacturing and motorcycle assembly to our product offering. This collaboration will fundamentally change our operations. By expanding our production into a new region, we can efficiently serve the rapidly growing demand for our products and further increase customer satisfaction in the expanding electric vehicle market.”
Volume production is scheduled to begin as early as the second quarter of 2023 as a turnkey program. This will leverage IMI’s motorcycle assembly capabilities and advance the localization of certain components and parts.
Working together for growth and sustainability
Arthur R. Tan, CEO of IMI, emphasized how pleased his company is to be working with Zero Motorcycles and how it will help establish their innovative electric motorcycles in global markets. “This collaboration is in line with our commitment to support companies in their growth and sustainability efforts while providing quality manufacturing services.”
The critical role of the production facility in Laguna, Philippines
The manufacturing facility in Laguna, Philippines, will play an important role in Zero Motorcycles’ expansion into global markets. It is a key component of the company’s goal to reduce its carbon footprint and promote sustainable transportation while increasing its market share.
With this strategic cooperation, Zero Motorcycles and Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. will jointly capture the electric motorcycle market to meet growing demand and enable a more sustainable future for transportation.
- Starker Reiniger – Der Motorradreiniger ermöglicht eine gründliche Reinigung aller Oberflächen am Motorrad und ist dabei schonend zu Lack, Kunststoff, Metall, Gummi und mehr.
- Hohe Schmutzlösekraft – Die Motorrad Pflege weicht angetrockneten Schmutz auf und löst Fette, Öle und Verharzungen effektiv und ganz ohne viel Schrubben am Motorrad.
- Große Produktvielfalt – Mit vielfältigen Produkten bietet Caramba die besten Lösungen für individuelle Anforderungen für Autos, Motorräder und Haus & Technik.
- Fortschritt und Innovation seit 1903 – Caramba ist der Experte für chemische Produkte mit eigener Forschung & Entwicklung in Deutschland.
- Details & Lieferumfang – Caramba Easy Clean Motorrad Reiniger, Reinigungsmittel zur gründlichen & schonenden Reinigung von Motorrädern, für viele Materialien geeignet, 1 x 500 ml, Art.-Nr. 690005
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-11-29 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API