The upcoming CRF450RX has been extensively revised. They used the Kow-How and the experiences of the HRC team with which they could win the world championship in 2019.
With the numerous improvements, Honda pursued the goal of building “the ultimate weapon” for off-road competition. By revising the frame and subframe, 2.3 kg could be saved. The chassis geometry has been tightened and, in cooperation with the new swing arm and the rigidity balance of the new frame, should offer optimal cornering behavior.
The engine has been re-tuned and focuses more on the torque in the lower to medium speed range. For this purpose, the decompression unit was relocated, the volume of the airbox increased, the throttle body revised and the outlet openings redesigned.
Instead of a double muffler, a single example has now been mounted on a new exhaust system.
The plastic parts have been made lighter and slimmer. Weight can also be saved by using a magnesium cylinder head cover or a smaller fuel pump.
The enlarged hydraulic clutch requires less manual effort. The seat is now smaller and slightly lower at the back.
The core features:
- Narrower tubes and swingarm pivot on the rear swingarm, including revised balance of swingarm rigidity
- Changes in geometry in combination with the changes mentioned above improve the steering behavior
- Front fork with new damping valves and 5 mm more travel, combined with a rear shock absorber that also works with new damping valves
- Improved ergonomics thanks to a smaller new seat and more compact, redesigned plastic parts
- Larger airbox plus revised throttle body and outlet openings for more power in the lower speed range
- New exhaust manifold and new single silencer increase torque and save weight
- An enlarged, hydraulic clutch replaces the cable control and ensures smooth operation and low manual effort
- Revised decompression system reduces the risk of death
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) with 3 driving modes plus OFF
- The HRC Launch Control offers 3 start options
- Engine The Engine Mode Select button (EMSB) has 3 maps for setting the engine characteristics
- HSTC button now integrated in the left handlebar fitting
- Improved HRC setting tool for changes to the “aggressive” and “smooth” modes
- Type 4-stroke single cylinder, Uni-Cam, liquid-cooled
- Displacement 449.7 cc
- Bore / stroke 96.0 mm x 62.1 mm
- 5: 1 compression ratio
- Mixture preparation injection
- tank capacity 8 l
- Digital Digital CDI ignition
- Electric starter
- Clutch, multi-plate clutch, wet
- Claw gear ratio
- final drive chain
- Type aluminum double loop tubular frame
- Dimensions (L´W´H) 2.182 x 839 x 1.282mm
- Wheelbase 1,477 mm
- Steering head angle 27.2 °
- Caster 115 mm
- Seat height 965 mm
- Ground clearance 336 mm
- Ready to drive weight 107.6 kg
- Front Showa 49 mm USD fork
- Show Rear Showa Monoshock with Honda Pro-Link lever system
- Front aluminum spoke wheel
- Aluminium Rear aluminum spoke wheel
- Front tire 90 / 90-21M Dunlop Geomax AT81F
- Rear tires 120 / 90-18M Dunlop Geomax AT81
- 260 mm single disc brake
- Rear single-disc brake 240 mm