The upcoming Honda CBR600RR was now presented and the data was announced. For the time being it will only be sold in Japan.
The CBR600RR (PC40) will already be available in the Japanese showrooms from 25 September 2020. An introduction on the worldwide market is not planned at present. Honda expects about 1,000 units to be sold annually, thus fulfilling a homologation of the model for motorsport. The price is ¥ 1.606.000, which is equivalent to about 15.000 dollars or 12.900 €, although different tax rates will apply in different regions. Without tax it would be about 11.650 €.
The 599cc in-line four-cylinder engine develops 121 PS at 14,000 rpm and 64 Nm at 11,500 rpm. In order to achieve these values, many components of the engine have been modified. Crankshaft and camshafts were changed. The throttle valve range was extended from 40 to 44 mm. All ducts and the exhaust system were also modified. An optimization got the control times of the engine. The changed components made it necessary to change the cooling of the cylinder head.
The six-speed transmission allows shifting by servo-clutch or Quick Shifter with blipper function, the latter being optional.
Electronically, the new CBR600RR is extensively equipped, for this purpose it was converted to Ride-by-Wire. The control systems work with a 5-axis IMU.
The following control systems are available: Traction control, wheely inclination, adjustment of the engine drag torque, curve ABS, Ride-by-Wire with different driving modes and anti-stoppy inclination. All of them can be adjusted in different levels via the coloured TFT display or via buttons on the left handlebar stub. Four different display modes are available for the display and a lap timer has also been integrated.
The Showa Big Piston Upside Down fork has a diameter of 41 mm and is of course fully adjustable. An electronic steering damper prevents the handlebar from bouncing.
For the lighting, LED technology is used all around to save weight. The air intake is located between the slot-shaped headlights. Lateral winglets are to provide more downforce at the front and thus additionally counteract a wheely inclination. The fuel tank was lowered by 10 mm to optimize the center of gravity. It holds 18 litres.
The 573 mm aluminium swingarm is weight optimized. The wheelbase is 1,375 mm. 194 kg are indicated as weight, the seat height is 82 cm.
A keyless system is optional. This means you only need to carry the key with you, there is no need for an ignition lock.
Technical Specifications for the 2020 Honda CBR600RR (Japan):
- Model name CBR600RR
- Model type Honda 2BL-PC40
- Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm) 2,030×685×1,140
- Wheelbase (mm) 1.375
- Ground clearance (mm) 125
- Seat height (mm) 820
- Curb weight (kg) 194
- Seating (persons) 2
- Fuel economy *6(km/L) As submitted to Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
- Steady state fuel economy*7 (km/h) 5 (60) <2 people seated>
- WMTC mode (class)*8 17.3 (class 3-2) <with 1 rider>
- Minimum turning circle (m) 2
- Engine ID/type PC40E, liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 4-value inline-4
- Displacement (cm3) 599
- Bore x stroke (mm) 67.0×42.5
- Compression ratio 12.2
- Maximum power (kW[PS]/rpm) 89/14,000
- Maximum torque (N・m[kgf・m]/rpm) 64[6.5]/11,500
- Fuel supply system Electronic (PGM-DSFI)
- Starter Self-starter
- Ignition Fully transistorized, battery powered
- Lubrication Force-fed and splash
- Fuel tank capacity (L) 18
- Clutch Wet, multiplate with coil springs
- Transmission Constant mesh, 6-speed return
- Gear ratio
- 1st 615
- 2nd 000
- 3rd 666
- 4th 444
- 5th 304
- 6th 208
- Reduction (Primary/Secondary) 2.111/2.562
- Caster angle (degree)/Trail (mm)24°06´/100
- Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear 180/55ZR17M/C (73W)
- Brakes Front Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Hydraulic disc
- Front Telescopic front fork
- (Inverted Big Piston Front Fork)
- Rear Swing arm (Unit Pro-Link)
- Puig präsentiert offiziell seine Querruder Linie "Downforce" für den 1000 ccm-Sport.
- Puig stellt Ihnen die neuesten aerodynamischen Innovationen aus dem Wettbewerb zur Verfügung, die bemerkenswerte Verbesserungen bei der Leistung und beim Fahren Ihres Sports bringen.
- In mehreren Kreisläufen getestet, wurde seine Wirksamkeit durch die Verbesserung des Griffs des Vorderrades beim Bremsen, der durch den Abwärtseffekt, die größere Stabilität bei Geraden und...
- Leicht und mit einer aggressiven Ästhetik wird jedes Modell mit zwei zweifarbigen "Winglets" geliefert, um sie an Ihren Geschmack anzupassen und für maximale Personalisierung zu sorgen.
- Bisher verfügbare Modelle: Kawasaki ZX10R 16'-19', Honda CBR1000RR 17'-18', Yamaha R1 15'-18', Suzuki GSX-R1000 17'-18' y BMW S1000RR 15'-18'.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-01-26 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API