After the presentation of the Norden 901 has dragged on for what feels like forever, more data has now been announced. In addition, it will also be available at dealers as early as November 2021.
The touring motorcycle with pronounced off-road characteristics was already presented at the EICMA in 2019. The production version remains true to the concept bike at the time. As a result, the original inspiration from Husqvarna rally bikes also remains clearly visible.
Husqvarna describes the Norden 901 as fast and exciting to ride, agile and above all versatile. Even long rides should be an experience, whether on the road or off.
Propulsion is provided by an 889cc in-line 2-cylinder, which is said to run with particularly low vibration thanks to two balancer shafts. It produces 105 PS and 100 Nm. It is built into a lightweight tubular steel frame, with the engine acting as the load-bearing element.
The suspension elements are from the WP Apex range. The 43 USD fork is fully adjustable and offers 220 mm of travel. The shock absorber is also fully adjustable and has a travel of 215 mm. Even though the Norden 901 is supposed to be very comfortable on asphalt, a 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheel was installed, which should be more suitable for off-road use.
The aluminum handlebar can be adjusted in six positions, giving an adjustment range of 30mm (from front to rear). Also adjustable is the two-piece seat. The range covers 854 – 874 mm.
Bosch developed the ABS, which takes into account the lean angle of the motorcycle and also has a street and off-road mode. The ABS can be deactivated for the rear wheel. The traction control also depends on the lean angle, but can also be switched off.
Braking is at the front with two 320 discs and four-piston calipers from J.Juan.
The three driving modes Street, Rain and Offroad are standard. The Explorer mode is offered as an option. It offers, for example, nine adjustable levels for rear wheel slip. This should really enable the rider to cope with any situation.
In addition, the Norden 901 has a quickshifter including a blipper function, as well as an anti-hopping clutch and cruise control.
The dry weight is 204 kg.
- Chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with the engine as the load-bearing element.
- In-line 2-cylinder with 889 cm3 displacement, 105 hp and 100 Nm torque
- Adjustable WP APEX suspension for outstanding comfort on and off the road
- Three selectable riding modes (Street, Rain, Offroad) and optional Explorer mode
- State-of-the-art, disengageable cornering ABS with off-road mode
- Ride-by-wire throttle twist grip
- Easy Shift function
- Lean angle-dependent motorcycle traction control with nine-level adjustable rear wheel slip (in Explorer mode)
- PAS clutch (Power Assist Slipper Clutch)
- Tubeless Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR wheels and tires for outstanding on- and off-road performance
- Large 19-liter fuel tank for up to 400 km range
- Optional connectivity unit offers turn-by-turn navigation, call answering and music listening via the driver’s smartphone
- Optional aluminum pannier set with 31 and 45 liter capacities. Topcase with 38 liters
- Erhöht die Lebensdauer Ihrer Motorradkette und Kettenrads um bis das siebenfache.
- Verbessert die Leistung.
- Reduziert deutlich die Wartung der Motorradkette.
- Sie sparen Zeit, Geld und Nerven.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-11-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API