The V4 R is Ducati’s ultimate street-legal Superbike and the homologation bike for the WSBK. For this reason, this time not only engine and suspension has been modified, the R comes with a new Aero Pack.
Engine – Displacement has been reduced, power increased
Because the homologation motorcycle for the World Superbike is subject to strict racing regulations, the 1,103 cc 90 ° V4 had to give way to the 998cc Desmosedici Stradale R engine. The engine has a different performance and is designed for high-end power.
Several components were replaced for weight reasons. The inlet tract has been made more efficient. The changes allow for faster engine spin and higher maximum speed.
The result is 218 hp or 162 kW at 15,250 rpm. Despite smaller displacement of the engine thus makes more than the V4 or V4 S. The speed limiter starts only at 16,000 rpm, in the sixth gear even 500 revolutions later.
For the racetrack, the Ducati Performance Racing exhaust from Akrapovic boosts to 231 horsepower.
Dry clutch was installed
For the V4 R Ducati has decided to install a dry clutch again. This should give a much better driving experience, especially in aggressive downshifts. The secondary spring in the performance accessory catalog also makes it easy to set the engine braking torque.
The winglets – the aerodynamic package
Visually, the wings immediately catch the eye, similar to the winglets from the MotoGP. They increase the total output by 66 lbs at a speed of 270 km / h. This prevents wheelie tilt and provides a quieter front wheel at high speeds.
The disguise was also changed elsewhere. It has been widened by 38 mm per side to reduce the impact of airflow on the driver. The openings for water and oil coolers have also been optimized, allowing 6% and 16% more air flow rates respectively.
The Panigale V4 R aerodynamic package includes:
- Panel disc, front panel and larger side panels
- More efficient side vents for cooler exhaust air
The semi-active Öhlins suspension of the V4 S is not used in the R version. An exclusive Öhlins 43 mm NPX 25/30 fork with TiN coating, a TTX36 strut and a mechanical steering damper are used. All components are fully adjustable.
The electronics package of Panigale V4 R includes:
- Bosch Curve ABS EVO
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO
- Ducati Slide Control (DSC)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO
- Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
- Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up / down EVO
- Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO
Ducati Panigale V4 R Data:
- “R” decor with aluminum tank
- domestic equipments
- 90 ° V4 Desmosedici Stradale R, 998 cm3, 221 hp (162 kW) at 15,250 rpm
- Forged steel crankshaft with reduced stroke
- Piston with a compression and an oil scraper ring
- titanium connecting rods
- Titanium intake valves
- Oval throttle body (Ø 56 mm equivalent) and aerodynamic throttle body openings
- Variable intake funnel
- Exhaust manifold with optimum length
- Cylinder heads with larger intake ducts
- Highly permeable air filter sprint filter P08
- STM EVO-SBK dry clutch
- Relieved, stiffness-optimized front frame
- Fully adjustable, pressure-assisted Öhlins NPX 25/30 upside-down fork
- Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 strut
- Adjustable Öhlins steering damper
- Aluminum swing arm with adjustable pivot point (four positions)
- Black, forged Marchesini aluminum wheels
- Brembo Stylema® monobloc brake calipers
- Aerodynamic package with carbon blades
- 16 liter aluminum tank
- Carbon front mudguard
- Carbon exhaust heat shield
- Secondary translation 15/42 with 520er chain
- 5 “TFT instrument
- Riding Modes (Race, Sport, Street)
- Electronics package with 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) from Bosch for:
- Curve ABS EVO; Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO; Ducati Slide Control (DSC);
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO; Ducati Power Launch (DPL); Ducati Quick Shift
- (DQS) up / down EVO; Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO.
- Pit Limiter
- Lap time taker EVO
- Shortcut keys for menu operation
- LED headlights with daytime running light Daytime Running Light (DRL)
- Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA +) with GPS module
- Lithium Ion Battery
- Included: Aluminum covers for remote mirrors and license plate holders