Ducati trims the Multistrada V4 to a road-oriented sports bike. The name Pikes Peak comes from the famous mountain race in Colorado (USA), where motorcycles are now no longer allowed to compete.
Changes for the road
The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is equipped with 17-inch tires and a chassis designed for the road. This distinguishes it from the well-known big enduro, which is also suitable for off-road excursions. The new wheels come from Marchesini, they are factory fitted with Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV. The rear wheel is mounted on a new single-sided swingarm.
For the suspension elements, Öhlins components were used for the Pikes Peak. A 48mm upside-down fork is used at the front and the TTX36 – both semi-active – was chosen for the shock absorber. The new components reduce the rear suspension travel from 180 to 170mm, while it remains the same at the front.
The diameter of the brake discs has increased by 10mm to 330mm. Instead of Brembo Monobloc calipers now bite M50 Stylema calipers in it.
The monocoque frame has been slightly modified. The wheelbase was extended from 1,567 to 1,595mm. The weight has been reduced by one kilogram. 214 kg is the new dry weight.
The handlebars have been made narrower and more cranked. It has been mounted lower, which, together with the footrests mounted higher and further back, results in a sportier seating position. The seat was designed in two colors and is adjustable in height (840 – 860mm).
The fender and fairing nose are made of carbon.
There were no changes to the engine, so the performance data are identical. 170 PS is available at 10,500 rpm and 125 Nm at 8,750 rpm.
Like the Multistrada V4, the Pikes Peak is very well equipped. Ride by wire, cornering ABS, traction control, wheelie control, quickshifter, starting assist, keyless ignition and radar-assisted cruise control, as well as blind spot monitoring are all present. The Race driving mode is new.
From December, the Pikes Peak will be available at dealers at a price of 27,990 euros. This makes it 10,000 euros more expensive than the lowest-priced entry-level Multistrada model.
Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak
- Special “Pikes Peak” paint scheme with black forged aluminum wheels
- Standard equipment highlights
- Ducati V4 Granturismo engine with 1,158 cc displacement that requires valve clearance checks only every 60,000 kilometers
- Monocoque aluminum frame, tubular steel subframe and aluminum single-sided swingarm
- Various components made of carbon
- Electronic semi-active Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 with “event-based” mode
- 170 mm front/rear suspension travel
- 17″ forged aluminum wheels by Marchesini with Pirelli Diablo Rossi IV tires in 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- Bosch-Brembo cornering ABS system 10.3ME
- 330 mm front brake discs with radially bolted Brembo Stylema 4-piston calipers
- Full LED headlights with DRL system (daytime running lights) and Ducati Cornering Lights (DCL)
- Cockpit with 6.5″ TFT color display
- Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- Power Mode
- 4 Riding Modes (Race, Sport, Touring, Urban)
- Front and rear radar (Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Detection)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Hands-free ignition
- Ducati Connect system for smartphone with app for music and navigation
- Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up & down
- Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) starting aid.
- Erhöht die Lebensdauer Ihrer Motorradkette und Kettenrads um bis das siebenfache.
- Verbessert die Leistung.
- Reduziert deutlich die Wartung der Motorradkette.
- Sie sparen Zeit, Geld und Nerven.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-12-06 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API