There was a surprise winner on the second stage of the Dakar 2020. Difficult navigation messed up the overall classification.
The second stage led from Al-Wadschh to Neom. 367 km of the 400 km were scored. The road book was only given to the drivers shortly before the start, which probably contributed to the fact that navigation was very difficult.
The first drivers lost a lot of time. Drivers who only started later benefited from this, because they could follow the tracks.
After a driving time of three hours and 39 minutes, Ross Branch won the stage. Sam Sunderland took second place, which earned him the lead in the overall classification.
Result of the 2nd stage (Top 10):
- Ross Branch (KTM) – 3:39:10 Stunden
- Sam Sunderland (KTM) +1:24 Minuten
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +2:21
- Kevin Benavides (Honda) +3:40
- Luciano Benavides (KTM) +3:44
- Joan Barreda (Honda) +4:57
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +4:58
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +5:59
- Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) +6:08
- Andrew Short (Husqvarna) +7:00
Overall ranking after 2 of 12 stages (Top 10):
- Sam Sunderland (KTM) – 7:05:22 Stunden
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +1:18 Minuten
- Kevin Benavides (Honda) +1:32
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +2:00
- Ricky Brabec (Honda) +4:11
- Ross Branch (KTM) +4:19
- Luciano Benavides (KTM) +6:01
- Joan Barreda (Honda) +6:09
- Toby Price (KTM) +7:34
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +8:34
- reißfeste DUPONT KEVLAR FASERN
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-05-29 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API