The Honda drivers had a strong day. Things weren’t going so well for the KTM riders, who lost time.
The third stage looped around Neom. Almost 500 km led up into the mountains at an altitude of 1,400 meters. The timed distance was 414 km. Again, the road book was only issued shortly before the start.
Yamaha rider Adrien van Beveren fell after only three kilometers. The Frenchman had to be flown into the bivouac by helicopter. He had broken his collarbone and bruised his hip.
Olaf Harmsen (KTM) and Matien Jimmink (Husqvarna) also fell and also had to be flown into the bivouac.
Brabec started later and was able to benefit from the traces of the other drivers. After 200 km Brabec, Benavides and Cornejo (all Honda) led the virtual classification. After four hours and eight minutes, Brabec reached the goal, nine minutes ahead of Cornejo and 13 minutes ahead of Barreda.
Because of “problems with the GPS” the official result was corrected afterwards. Shortly before the destination, a waypoint was not correctly recorded in the road book. Some drivers searched for him for a long time and lost a lot of time.
For this reason, waypoint 53 at km 389 was taken as a result.
Motorbike result of stage 3 (Top 10):
- 01. Ricky Brabec (Honda) – 3:29:31 Stunden
- 02. Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +5:56 Minuten
- 03. Kevin Benavides (Honda) +7:22
- 04. Matthias Walkner (KTM) +8:13
- 05. Toby Price (KTM) +8:35
- 06. Joan Barreda (Honda) +9:04
- 07. Luciano Benavides (KTM) +12:30
- 08. Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) +13:55
- 09. Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) +15:43
- 10. Adrien Metge (Sherco) +18:00
New overall result after 3 of 12 stages (top 10):
- 01. Ricky Brabec (Honda) – 10:39:04 Stunden
- 02. Kevin Benavides (Honda) +4:43 Minuten
- 03. Matthias Walkner (KTM) +6:02
- 04. Joan Barreda (Honda) +11:02
- 05. Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +11:19
- 06. Toby Price (KTM) +11:58
- 07. Luciano Benavides (KTM) +14:20
- 08. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +15:40
- 09. Sam Sunderland (KTM) +17:10
- 10. Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) +19:55