With the S1000R, BMW wants to combine an emotional roadster look with superbike driving dynamics. The basis is the S 1000 RR and the superbike genes cannot be hidden. Technology, engine and chassis were derived directly from the RR.
The newly developed engine is based on the aggregate of the S 1000 RR, but was designed more for pulling through. The in-line four-cylinder engine delivers 121 kW or 165 PS at 11,000 rpm and 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm.
In order to reduce the noise level, fuel consumption and engine speed, the 4th, 5th and 6th gears have been extended. The driver should benefit from this, especially when driving on country roads. In addition to a standard anti-hopping clutch, an optional engine drag torque control (MSR) is also available. The electronics thus prevent the rear wheel from slipping, which could be caused by an abrupt release of the throttle.
Completely new chassis
The new frame, as well as the swingarm, are also based on the S 1000 RR, which saves a lot of weight compared to the previous model. The engine was integrated as a supporting part in the so-called flex frame. The frame is narrower than the previous model, which also reduces the vehicle width. This also benefits the area for the knee closure and allows a more relaxed riding position and more freedom of movement.
To adapt the bike even better to its own ergonomics, the handlebar clamp can be adjusted as standard. Two positions are available. You can easily adjust the handlebars by 10mm forward. As an option, handlebar brackets that are 10mm higher are also available, which can also be turned 10mm in the direction of travel.
The S1000RR’s swingarm and the shock with Full Floater Pro kinematics is now mounted a bit further away from the swingarm pivot axis and thus also further away from the heat of the engine. This results in a more stable temperature behavior and more constant damping forces, which has a positive effect on grip and tire wear.
Assistance systems of the BMW S1000R
The BMW S1000R features Dynamic Traction Control, lean angle-optimized ABS Pro and Ride-by-Wire with Rain, Road and Dynamic driving modes.
The optional extra “Driving Modes Pro” includes the fully configurable “Dynamic Pro” mode, which offers a wide range of settings. It also includes the “Engine Brake” function, the engine drag torque control and the “Power Wheelie” function. During emergency braking maneuvers, the driver is supported by the dynamic brake assistant.
The instrument combination of the S 1000 R is also derived from the sister model. Here, BMW relied on an extended range of functions and, above all, on the best possible readability of the displayed data, even under difficult lighting conditions. Depending on the intended use, it offers a customized screen display. In addition to the displays for normal road operation, there is a second core screen that displays data on lean angle, deceleration and traction control. With the optional M package, a third Core Screen with bargraph display and lap timer is possible.
The Bluetooth interface is standard, which can be used to pair the mobile phone and show an arrow navigation on the display of the S 1000 R. The TFT display is operated via a mini-controller on the handlebars.
For the lighting, BMW uses LED technology all around. The rear flashing lights were taken over from the S1000RR. They have an integrated rear and brake light function. The front turn signals are slightly hidden on the fork, which provides a clean look.
The Headlight Pro package, which includes an adaptive bend lighting system, is offered as an optional extra. Depending on the lean angle, additional LED modules are activated to better illuminate the road in curves.
Highlights of the BMW S1000R for 2021:
- 5 kg lighter, newly developed four-cylinder in-line engine based on the S 1000 RR with further optimized mid-range power and driveability as well as new transmission gradation in 4th – 6th gear
- Lightest Dynamic Roadster in its class: weight reduction by 6.5 kg to 199 kg empty or 202 kg including the Comfort and Dynamics Package. The M package reduces the vehicle weight by another 4.8 kg (2 kg with forged wheels or 3.7 kg with carbon wheels).
- Superb power and torque: 121 kW or 165 hp at 11000 and 114 Nm at 9250 revs
- At least 90 Nm torque from 5500 to 12000 revs, and already more than 80 Nm from 3000 revs
- Power-saving, linear torque curve: Even better driveability over the entire speed range.
- Specifically adapted chassis with “Flex Frame”, in which the engine has a stronger supporting function.
- Significantly improved ergonomics through tighter knee contact thanks to “Flex Frame”.
- Swingarm with Full Floater Pro kinematics and new shock absorber for even more sensitive response and optimized rear wheel grip.
- New, lighter exhaust system, EU5 compliant.
- New 6-axis sensor box for precise pitch rate determination and anti-wheelie function.
- ABS Pro for even more safety when braking, even at an angle, as standard. Own rain brake mode with flat brake pressure gradient. ABS Pro as standard for even safer braking in curves.
- WSBK-tested Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard for even more stability when accelerating.
- Three driving modes “Rain”, “Road” and “Dynamic” as standard.
- DTC Wheelie function as standard.
- Driving Modes Pro with additional “Dynamic Pro” mode including adjustable Wheelie Control, Engine Traction Control (MSR) and Engine Brake as well as Launch Control, Pitlane Limiter and Hillstart Control Pro as optional ex factory equipment
- Hillstart Control as standard.
- Shift Assistant Pro for fast upshifting and downshifting without clutch as an optional extra ex works.
- reißfeste DUPONT KEVLAR FASERN
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-06-15 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API