Unveiling of the M 1000 XR
Now BMW is stoking anticipation with a promising teaser image on their social media channels. It showed a motorcycle flaunting the unmistakable XR silhouette and a large M logo. In the wake of this excitement, a reveal date for June 6, 2023 was also announced. BMW’s message was “Are you ready for something new?” – a rhetorical question that undoubtedly attracted widespread interest.
What is expected?
What’s clear is that the M 1000 XR will be based on the higher-slung S 1000 XR power tourer. The manufacturer suggests that the third M model will be available by the 2024 season at the latest. Similar to the M 1000 R naked bike, the 1000 inline-four engine will come in a more sophisticated version. Output of up to 210 hp is currently expected.
Features and specifications
Compared to the S 1000 XR, which has a rated output of 165 hp, this would be a huge jump of 45 hp. The M 1000 XR will also be equipped with high-quality components, including a semi-active suspension. Whether one falls back here to Öhlins or Marzocchi remains open.
The manufacturer of the upgraded braking system is also not clear; components from Brembo or Nissin would be possible here. However, the Nissin components, which are also used in the M 1000 R, would be a good choice.
Weight and speed
The M 1000 XR will save some weight compared to the standard version, here one reckons currently with about 220 kilograms have, which would mean a reduction of 6 kg.
Further expectations and assumptions
In addition to the increase in power and weight reduction, the M 1000 XR could benefit from an increased top speed. There is also speculation that BMW could include modern winglets and motorsport features such as launch control or a laptimer, although the latter might not be a good fit for an XR.
Special carbon wheels could also be offered again as an option.
The upcoming introduction of the BMW M 1000 XR promises to be an exciting addition to the M model lineup. With a significant increase in power, the high-quality components and the possible weight loss, it has the potential to take the top spot in this segment. We will find out more on 6/6/2023.
- Starker Reiniger – Der Motorradreiniger ermöglicht eine gründliche Reinigung aller Oberflächen am Motorrad und ist dabei schonend zu Lack, Kunststoff, Metall, Gummi und mehr.
- Hohe Schmutzlösekraft – Die Motorrad Pflege weicht angetrockneten Schmutz auf und löst Fette, Öle und Verharzungen effektiv und ganz ohne viel Schrubben am Motorrad.
- Große Produktvielfalt – Mit vielfältigen Produkten bietet Caramba die besten Lösungen für individuelle Anforderungen für Autos, Motorräder und Haus & Technik.
- Fortschritt und Innovation seit 1903 – Caramba ist der Experte für chemische Produkte mit eigener Forschung & Entwicklung in Deutschland.
- Details & Lieferumfang – Caramba Easy Clean Motorrad Reiniger, Reinigungsmittel zur gründlichen & schonenden Reinigung von Motorrädern, für viele Materialien geeignet, 1 x 500 ml, Art.-Nr. 690005
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-20 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API