After a long period of rumors, BMW has now unveiled the M 1000 R, a further upgraded naked version of the S 1000 R or S 1000 RR, which BMW also calls the “M R” for short.
Like the M 1000 RR, which is an even sportier version of the S 1000 RR, they are now trading in the naked bike. Here, however, they are really going all out.
Whereas 165 PS provided propulsion in the previous S 1000 R, the new engine of the S 1000 RR is installed in the M version, which will also provide propulsion in the M 1000 R with 210 PS (154 kW). For the M R, however, the engine has been revised somewhat. BMW has not yet revealed anything more specific about what exactly has been done, but it can be assumed that it has at least been tuned for more torque in the lower and medium rev ranges.
Maximum power is reached at 13,750 rpm, maximum torque of 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm. Maximum speed is at 14,600 rpm.
A top speed of 280 km/h should be achieved. Compared to the double-R, the chainring has been fitted with one more tooth (now 47), resulting in a shorter gear ratio. Gears four, five and six were also translated even shorter.
Aerodynamics and equipment
The powerful winglets provide downforce at the front. At a speed of 220 km/h, they are said to increase downforce by 11 kg, which counteracts wheel tilt and increases driving stability.
A semi-active suspension system has been installed, which is already familiar from the previous S 1000 R. The brakes have been modified. The brakes are from the M range. Instead of the standard forged wheels, carbon wheels are also available as an option.
The new Brake Slide System is used for the assistance assistants, which enables braking drifts with a constant slide into the bend.
The weight is stated at 199 kg, and the price starts at €22,600 in Germany.
Highlights of the new BMW M 1000 R.
- Switching cam engine of the M RR, power 154 kW (210 hp) at 13 750 min-1 and thus 33 kW (45 hp) more than in the S 1000 R. Maximum torque of 113 Nm at 11 000 min-1 (S 1000 R: 114 Nm at 9 250 min-1).
- Shorter secondary gear ratio (sprocket with 47 teeth instead of 45).
- Shorter gear ratios of 4th, 5th and 6th gears.
- Optimized intake system with variable intake funnels for improved charge exchange at high rpm.
- Titanium rear silencer.
- M Endurance chain.
- Driving modes “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race” and “Race Pro1-3” plus latest generation of Dynamic Traction Control DTC and DTC Wheelie function with 6-axis sensor box.
- Now three adjustable throttle characteristics for optimum response. “Engine Brake” with triple adjustability of engine drag torque in “Race Pro” mode.
- Brake Slide Assist to support the driver during braking drifts.
- Shift Assist Pro for fast upshifts and downshifts without clutch. Easy reversibility of the gearshift pattern for racetrack use.
- Launch Control for perfect race starts and Pit Lane Limiter for precise speed in the pit lane.
- Hill Start Control Pro for comfortable hill starts.
- M Winglets and wind deflectors: Brake later and accelerate earlier, plus greater high-speed stability thanks to aerodynamic downforce.
- Engine spoiler.
- Upside-down fork in “All black” design with adjustable spring base in conjunction with standard DDC.
- M brakes on a Dynamic Roadster from BMW Motorrad for the first time: the M R with maximum braking performance for country roads and racetracks.
- Forged aluminum wheels.
- M Carbon wheels with M tapes and M lettering on the rim: Fine high-tech components for maximum performance as part of the M Competition package.
- M handbrake and clutch lever.
- Adjustable steering damper.
- Over-milled handlebar clamp.
- Compared with the S 1000 R, wider tubular handlebar with laser-etched “BMW M 1000 R” lettering.
- Handlebar end mirror.
- Main headlamp with illuminated M logo.
- Short license plate holder.
- Instrument cluster with large, perfectly readable 6.5-inch TFT display, start-up animation with M logo and OBD interface for M GPS Datalogger and M GPS Laptrigger that can be used via activation code.
- New display of the tachometer (red area).
- Lightweight M battery, rear USB charging port, powerful LED light units, electronic cruise control and heated grips.
- Keyless Ride Light (ignition only).
- M Design and dynamic design language signal ultimate roadster performance.
- M Competition Package.
- RDC as standard.
- Extensive range of optional accessories.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ab 18 Jahren
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-29 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API