The 2019 season could be really exciting because on the first day of testing on Phillip Iceland there were a few surprises.
WorldSBK test on Phillip Island
Former MotoGP rider Alvaro Bautista impressively demonstrated the potential of the Ducati V4 to set the best time of the day. He clocked a time of 1: 30.743 minutes, so he was the only one with a 1:30 lap.
Teammate Chaz Davies was struggling with technical problems and was able to reach only 14th place. He drove 2.4 seconds slower than Bautista.
Jonathan Rea crashed and only managed to finish in 3rd place. This should not make the record world champion happy. In the overall standings directly behind his former team-mate Tom Sykes is driving for BMW.
The second BMW with Markus Reiterberger as driver reached place 9th place before Sandro Cortese. The SuperSport World Champion seems to be getting along pretty well with his promotion to WorldSuperbike.
- Alvaro Bautista (Ducati) – 1:30.743 Minuten
- 2. Alex Lowes (Yamaha) +0,403 Sekunden
- 3. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki) +0,446
- 4. Tom Sykes (BMW) +0,557
- 5. Leon Haslam (Kawasaki) +0,656
- 6. Marco Melandri (GRT-Yamaha) +0,702
- 7. Michael van der Mark (Yamaha) +0,715
- 8. Sandro Cortese (GRT-Yamaha) +0,896
- 9. Markus Reiterberger (BMW) +1,249
- 10. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Puccetti-Kawasaki) +1,307
- 11. Leon Camier (Moriwaki-Honda) +1,716
- 12. Jordi Torres (Pedercini-Kawasaki) +1,927
- 13. Chaz Davies (Ducati) +1,963
- 14. Leandro Mercado (Orelac-Kawasaki) +2,046
- 15. Eugene Laverty (Go-Eleven-Ducati) +2,054
- 16. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Moriwaki-Honda) +2,219
- 17. Michael Ruben Rinaldi (Barni-Ducati) +2,659
- 18. Alessandro Delbianco (Althea-Honda) +3,206
- 19. Troy Herfoss (Penrite-Honda) +4,218
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2018-12-14 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API