Rizoma has presented new mirrors for various current superbikes, which are flipable and can thus be used as spoilers for more downforce.
Aerodynamics is becoming increasingly important in motorcycle racing. In MotoGP, winglets have been around for a long time, and you’ll also find them more and more on production bikes. This is partly due to the homologation of winglets for motorsport (in WSBK they can only be used if they can also be found on the production bike) and partly due to a certain trend at the moment.
Mirrors with downforce
This trend is now taken up by Rizoma. They have developed mirrors that can be flipped to use them as aerodynamic components. When they are in the spoiler position, they no longer offer a view to the rear, but instead provide a downforce of about 4 kg at a speed of 300 km/h.
That doesn’t sound like much, but the complete fairing of the Aprilia RSV 4 Factory, which is equipped with integrated winglets (double fairing), also only achieves a downforce of 8 kg at 300 km/h.
For current superbikes
The mirrors are made of aluminum and have a convex (curved) mirror glass. They are available in black, silver and thunder grey for the Yamaha R1, BMW S 1000 RR, Ducati Panigale V2, Ducati Panigale V4, Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ZX-10R, Honda CBR 1000 RR-R and Suzuki GSX-R 1000.
When they will be available and at what price has not yet been announced. Whether they have road approval for Europe, however, is questionable.
Since the message and also the videos appeared on 01.04, I first thought it would be an April Fool’s joke. But since Rizoma has posted the videos on Instagram even after 01.04., it seems probably not a joke after all.
According to Rizoma, they have also won the Red Dot Award “Best of Best” with the mirrors. However, there is currently no information about this on the Red Dot Awards page…
UPDATE: It is not a fake. Red Dot will present this year’s winners on 04/12.
- Puig präsentiert offiziell seine Querruder Linie "Downforce" für den 1000 ccm-Sport.
- Puig stellt Ihnen die neuesten aerodynamischen Innovationen aus dem Wettbewerb zur Verfügung, die bemerkenswerte Verbesserungen bei der Leistung und beim Fahren Ihres Sports bringen.
- In mehreren Kreisläufen getestet, wurde seine Wirksamkeit durch die Verbesserung des Griffs des Vorderrades beim Bremsen, der durch den Abwärtseffekt, die größere Stabilität bei Geraden und...
- Leicht und mit einer aggressiven Ästhetik wird jedes Modell mit zwei zweifarbigen "Winglets" geliefert, um sie an Ihren Geschmack anzupassen und für maximale Personalisierung zu sorgen.
- Bisher verfügbare Modelle: Kawasaki ZX10R 16'-19', Honda CBR1000RR 17'-18', Yamaha R1 15'-18', Suzuki GSX-R1000 17'-18' y BMW S1000RR 15'-18'.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2024-03-01 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API