17 years ago Yamaha revealed the first R1. Now the 2015er R1 is presented. Apart from the name nothing is the same. Here all data for the new 1000cc and the differences between R1 and R1M …
R1 – the R stands for Race
In the social networks is also discussed already strongly about the new look. Some love it and some hate it.
ABS knows everyone, but additionally the R1 has a combined system on board. Here at apply the front brake, the rear brake is easily controlled with. By pressing both brakes providing for the necessary balance. For this data the tilt and skew angles are taken here. If only the rear brake using the system but does not intervene, then it also slows down the rear only. So again you realize the racing genes.
[sam id=”21″ codes=”true”]Comes the R1 with lightweight magnesium wheels. In comparison to cast wheels saves here a 870 g. 530 g forward. 340 g rear. That is about 4% less rotating mass in front and 11% rear, which enhances handling.
The tank is made of aluminum and holds 17 liters. Weight saving compared to a steel tank is 1.6 kg.
The R1 gets a 109 mm wide TFT display, the liquid crystal display allows hardly any light reflections. A light sensor provides automatic brightness adjustment. You can switch from road use to track what effect on the color and design of the ads has. So what is displayed and how big…
The colors of the YZF-R1 2015:
Race Blu (DPBMC / MS1)
Racing Red (VRC1 / BWC1)
Available from March 2015
The price I know not yet.
Newly developed crossplane engine with 147 kW (200 hp) and M1
In the series four-cylinder engine with 998 cc displacement redesigned crossplane crankshaft is used. Your sophisticated firing interval makes a significant contribution to the linear torque development, which gives the driver the impression that the throttle had a direct influence on the rotational speed of the rear wheel.
[sam id=2 codes=true]The crossplane concept comes directly from the Moto-Gp and the debut of Valentino Rossi won the World Cup at first attempt. It is now in the new R1. There is an uneven firing order with a
Crankshaft rotational angle interval of 270 ° – 180 ° – 90 ° – 180 °
The newly developed forged pistons are very sturdy and very easy thanks to the `Bridge-box ‘design on the bottom. For an additional piston cooling from the underside provide new oil nozzle, spray the engine oil in the direction of the piston crown.
For the first time in a R1 takes place the valve actuation via rocker arms. This technique has two distinct advantages: First, the valve lift is due to leverage on the value that specifies the camshaft. Secondly, the drag lever to run with less friction on the camshaft. Especially since the new cam followers as the piston pin DLC hard coated
(Diamond-Like Carbon) and are extremely fixed rotational speed.
In short form:
- In-line four cylinder with 998 cc, four valves and crossplane concept
- New Cross-Plane crankshaft for smooth power
Peak power of 147 kW (200 hp) (without ram-air effect)
- Bore x Stroke / 79.0 mm x 50.9 mm Compression ratio 13.0: 1
- Lightweight titanium connecting rods with fractured Pleueldeckeln
- Lightweight forged pistons made of aluminum with Bridge-box-stiffener
- Larger valve plate and flow-optimized intake ports
- Valve Train with DLC hardened rocker arms
- 12-hole injectors depend fuel jet in 2 directions
- Low friction piston rings running with low voltage
- Piston pin with hard DLC coating
- Offset cylinder design
- Airbox with lush 10.5 liters
- 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with a new flap, center seated damper
- Easy Slipper clutch
- Very reliable lubrication system
- YCC-I and YCC-T on board
- Compact and lightweight cooler
The exhaust system
Lightweight 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system made of titanium
The new clutch has fallen 19 percent lighter and more compact. The diameter was reduced by seven per cent compared to its predecessor. What makes a slipper clutch?
When hard downshift she opens the clutch up to 50 percent to prevent a momentary blocking of the rear wheel.
The chassis and the brakes
The R1 has a new asymmetric Deltabox aluminum frame that contributes significantly to precise and nimble handling. The compact aluminum frame is made of welded-together castings and offers the ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. The crossplane engine sits – at four points rigidly fixed – as a stressed member in the frame. Two motor mounts are located on cylinder head, two sitting on the crankcase. Back takes the Deltabox frame on a reinforced at the top of aluminum swingarm, consisting of cast, forged and sheet form two components that form a light but very stable unit. An enormous weight reduction was by the use of a
Magnesium rear frame can be achieved.
Wheelbase 1,405 mm
The new wheelbase is 10 mm shorter, 570 mm long swingarm has lost as much as 15 mm. Steering head angle and fork bridge shots are identical in dimensions, while the front axle is increased by three to 25 mm.
The Upside-down telescopic fork with 43 mm stanchions strong allows 120 mm of travel and carries thanks to the 25 mm axle for steering precision.
The new swingarm with reinforcement overhead is supported via a lever system and a monoshock. The suspension is fully adjustable.
At the front, one-piece molded four-piston calipers, stainless steel reinforced brake lines and two 320 mm brake discs are used.
The rear brake consists of a single-piston floating caliper caliper and a 220 mm disc
In short form:
- New, asymmetrically-designed aluminum Deltabox frame
- Compact design, short wheelbase
- Kerb weight 199 kg fully fueled / 179 kg dry weight
- Rear frame made of magnesium, reinforced aluminum swingarm
- Central intake for intake air as on the YZR-M1
- 17 liter aluminum fuel tank
- KYB Upside-down fork with 43 mm stanchions and 120 mm
- Underlying Monocross lever linkage for the shock absorber
- Lightweight cast wheels made of magnesium
- ABS with Combined Brake System
- Double front disc with Ø 320 mm and four-piston monoblock calipers
- 220 mm rear disc with single-piston floating calliper
- All-new, aerodynamically optimized fairing in the YZR-M1-style
- New front fascia with LED running lights and LED headlights
- Racing Ready tank-seat combination
- Mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Aluminum protection under the engine
- Rear wheel cover made of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic
Driving assistance systems
allows (pull black lines is not a problem, as Rossi and Co). The traction control TCS relies on information from the sensor unit. In all, the inclination is considered and adjusted accordingly, the engagement in the systems.
A Lanch-control and a quick shifter are also on board. The Quick Shifter ensures that can be switched without pressing the clutch in the next higher gear.
Different driving modes are of course already pre-programmed.
In short form:
- State of the art driver assistance systems
- Sensor unit with three-dimensional working acceleration and angular rate sensors
* Permanent control of the driving condition
* Detection of skew angle, slip and pitch rate
* Premiere in a production model Yamaha
* 32-bit CPU 125 makes calculations per second
* Yaw rate sensor detects pitch, roll and yaw
* Acceleration sensor measures longitudinal, transverse and vertical
* Supports the following driver assistance systems:
- TCS (Traction Control System) with tilt sensor
- SCS (Slide Control System) for the rear
- LIF (Lift Control System) front-wheel-position control
- LCS (Launch Control System) Start Wizard
- QSS (Quick Shift System) shift assistant
- PWR (Power Mode Selection System) with four modes
- YRC (Yamaha Ride Control) function
- New digital cockpit with TFT (Thin Film Transistor) LCD display
* High-resolution, glare-representation
* Color display with black or white background
* ‘Street’- and’ Track together mode for different information
* Optional: CCU (Communication Control Unit) with log data and wireless transmission opportunity
SPECIAL EDITION YZF-R1M
The equipment of the Special Edition include electronically controlled spring-damper elements (ERS = Electronic Racing suspension), trim parts made of carbon, a CCU (Communication Control Unit) and Bridgestone tire class. The YZF-R1M is produced in limited quantities.
The lining is made of carbon and is coated with clear lacquer. Only in certain places slight color accents. The aluminum fuel tank as high gloss burnished like the upper area of the reinforced rear swingarm.
A CCU with GPS is also available. To be able to read the data wirelessly and even revise the software via app after each turn.
Other exclusive features include the golden R1M, radially mounted calipers and specially coated, gold shiny steel sliding tubes with 43 mm diameter at the Öhlins fork.
The owner of a new YZF-R1M be invited to participate with their motorcycle in an exclusive and free YRE event. So who has the wherewithal is determined to have fun.
Silver Blu Carbon (BWM2 / Carbon)
Available from March 2015
The price of the R1 or the R1M me unfortunately is nothing yet known. Prices should also be announced shortly.
Who is it for now managed to read all this far ??? Respect it! You’re a real R1 fan!
Price of the Yamaha R1 and R1M 2015
In Europe, the two come in March 2015. The new R1 will be had for € 18,500 (plus costs) and the new R1M for € 23,000 (plus costs).