With the R6 Race, Yamaha is focusing on the racetrack, as the racing machine does not have road approval for the European market. The R6 model for 2021 is only offered as a non homologated version, the reason for this is most likely the Euro5 norm…
At first glance, there do not seem to be any technical changes, but a special kit optimized for the race track is offered.
Propulsion is provided by the well-known 599cc four-cylinder engine, which is equipped with titanium valves. Yamaha does not yet provide performance data, so it can be assumed that in its original condition it delivers 118 PS at 14,500 rpm and a torque of 65.7 Nm at 10,500 rpm.
Also unchanged are the Deltabox aluminium frame, the magnesium rear frame, the KYB suspension elements and the assistance systems such as traction control, various driving modes and Ride-by-Wire.
GYTR Kit for the race track
If you want, you can make the R6 even more race-track ready with the optional GYTR kit. Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing accessories have been developed by Yamaha engineers in close collaboration with top racing teams and test riders for over 40 years.
This is how the Akrapovic Titanium Racing complete system and wiring harness help to reduce weight. The programmable ECU also allows the bike to be tuned to the exhaust system, thus increasing performance. The special air intake system also provides more power. With the ABS emulator the ABS unit can be removed, which saves even more weight.
Steel flex lines, a brake lever protection and a chain fin are also part of the kit.
Outside the kit there are more optional components available.
All parts of the R6 GYTR kit:
- GYTR Race fairing kit
- Akrapovič complete system
- GYTR ECU Package
- GYTR wiring harness
- GYTR switch unit
- GYTR Interface Cable
- GYTR AIS Plug Set
- GYTR ABS Emulator
- GYTR keyless fuel cap
- GYTR seat cushion
- Stainless steel brake line set for front and rear wheel
- Brake lever protection front
- GYTR adjustable footrest system with optional shift reversal
- Rear sprocket guard (chain fin)
- chain pinion (14 teeth), suitable for 520 chain conversion
- Sprocket (45 teeth), suitable for 520 chain conversion
- DID Gold Race Chain 520
- Stand mounts
- Paddock stand
- Farbloses, UV-behandeltes und Pinlock-prädisponiertes Display
- Aussergewöhnliche Luftzirkulation dank Kalotte-Design mit einfacher Strömungsanpassung
- Lufteinlass, der einen größeren Luftstrom aufnehmen kann
- Breitere Belüftungskanäle mit optimierter Belüftung des Helminneren
- Kleinradsystem mit der Möglichkeit, bis zu 7 verschiedene Stellungen einzustellen
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-02-27 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API